return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Reformat or System Recovery.. info anyone?
View this Thread in Original format
LuNaSeA
I have a toshiba laptop w/ windows xp home that i want to reformat...how the do i do that? never done it before. (hehe, cap'n obvious.)

also, what's the difference between system recovery and reformatting ur hard drive?
Zeiter
umm..depends what is the main problem of your computer, if all the programs are loading very slowly and windows is always freezing, well i guess you need to format. You probably have a windows cd that came, or you downloaded, with the laptop and you just have to insert in the cd-rom drive and it will boot automatically and follow the instructions.....my choice would be FORMAT...i tried system recovery once, and it didn't do anything, it just re-installs the systems files of windows but it doesn't solve anything....

Plus, you might try to defrag your hard drive once in a while..it helps on loading speed....
LuNaSeA
computer's way slow and crashing a lot, so i just wanna wipe it clean i guess.

i dont have the windows xp disc tho :/
arturob
get a Dell :toothless :toothless :toothless

Zeiter
quote:
Originally posted by arturob
get a Dell :toothless :toothless :toothless

you suck!
LuNaSeA
lol. :stongue: :haha:
arturob
quote:
Originally posted by LuNaSeA
lol. :stongue: :haha:

:~
Zeiter
luna..check you pm please!
LeopoldStotch
reformat please.

no cd = you're screwed.

sorry to break the newz ..

system recovery like the above says, just loads the essential windows drivers again .. so if something outside windows system files is screwing up your computer, i say throw your hard drive in a bonfire .. it will be better for you rather than sitting through the pain of high throughput of your cpu ...
Yoepus
just throw it out the window. maybe a "hard" reset will do the trick.

oh and its much funner than reformatting too!

LeopoldStotch
quote:
Originally posted by Yoepus
oh and its much funner than reformatting too!

nah .. i think what's even funner is sticking a metal screwdriver next to the cpu while the computer is on ...

:rolleyes: :)
SpecRadio
quote:
Originally posted by LeopoldStotch
nah .. i think what's even funner is sticking a metal screwdriver next to the cpu while the computer is on ...

:rolleyes: :)

It's run to just pry the heatsink off while it's still running.

But seriously...Go to like a torrent spy, get the Win XP Pro Stripped To The Bone Edition (If you can't find it, PM me) it's only 120mb and it's amazingly stipped down of what XP bare needs to run.

If you put it on and have a legal serial like on the bottom of your laptop....it shouldn't be a problem :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement