return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Problems with TT
View this Thread in Original format
Gunyouken
Hi there

I just bought a Pdx 2300 pro J-arm TT with Shure Whitelabel, and it sound like crap, the needle runs away on some of the records and the sound is just not right, strangely it plays old records very well.

I think it might be the cart. I adjusted it like the manual says, I also let the cart sit on a vinyl over night like tu_face said. Still nothing...

I am also using a hi fi as my amp

any suggestions??
wee_rooney
i know it sounds obviouse, but have you checked the height & weight of the tone arm?

iv got the same decks wae 2 ortofon needle on them, and some of my tracks play fine on one deck, but have a kinda simillar problem when i play them on the other!

im hopin its just the needles, im gonna upgrade them soon to find out, cos il be in pissed if its the TT's :whip:
Gunyouken
The height and weight seem to be fine.

It sounds terrible, It also seems to be only when it hits the bass part in the vinyl(exeptions though). I thought at first it might be the vibration from the speakers, so I switched the whole hi fi off, and listened with headphones, same.

It can't be the records.
I am pretty sure the cart is in the right place(maybe not?).
wtf?

I read in another post they have to be played in??

Strange thing though, I played some paul simon and sound of music and beatles, and they all sounded pretty good.
sEpH
maybe its your mixer:conf: :conf: :conf:
Xtracktor
have you cleaned the stylus? I've heard alot of people with major problems with gunk in their whitelabels.
Gunyouken
Well, I've decided to take the tt and cart along so they can test it, maybe I'm just not getting the settings part right or something.
The LED light that is supplied with the TT also died... Another reason to just take it back.

THe mixer I think is fine, I plugged my pc in and the sound is exellent. I can't test the phono in though, but they can't all not work?

THis week has just been one of those ones.... I broke a tooth, both my ears ring and hurt(I accidentally flipped the master/cue switch for the headphones on the mixer and the master was full blast, BOOOM ...ouch...) , I've been stuck in traffic everyday, And my brand new TT doesn't work... .... atleast it's almost friday.
sEpH
quote:
Originally posted by Gunyouken

THis week has just been one of those ones.... I broke a tooth, both my ears ring and hurt(I accidentally flipped the master/cue switch for the headphones on the mixer and the master was full blast, BOOOM ...ouch...) , I've been stuck in traffic everyday, And my brand new TT doesn't work... .... atleast it's almost friday.

you shouldnt go outside tomorrow-.-:nervous:
Gunyouken
Well it turned out to be the cart. They will replace it for me, so now i'm using a borrowed Stanton one.
Atleast it wasn;t the TT...

And on a further note...
My fingers are all burnt to from picking up a piece of steel someone had just welded and grinded at work today.... and to top it off, I almost got robbed at the ATM on the way home...atleast I only lost my ATM card...

One good thing though, I beatmatched my first tracks today, laptop and TT... Good ! Can't wait to get my other TT.
Xtracktor
quote:
Originally posted by Gunyouken
Well it turned out to be the cart. They will replace it for me, so now i'm using a borrowed Stanton one.
Atleast it wasn;t the TT...

And on a further note...
My fingers are all burnt to from picking up a piece of steel someone had just welded and grinded at work today.... and to top it off, I almost got robbed at the ATM on the way home...atleast I only lost my ATM card...

One good thing though, I beatmatched my first tracks today, laptop and TT... Good ! Can't wait to get my other TT.

Damn!!! Just look at the bright side and don't look back! :eyes:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement