return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Numark DXM06 & American Audio Q-D6
View this Thread in Original format
FSUares
I am looking to get a new mixer for myself. I am a bedroom DJ who wants to start getting more serous and start doing gigs. Right now I have 2 1200's and a basic 2 channel Stanton mixer. I want to upgrade to cdj's (can't afford vinly anymore) but first I am hoping somone will get me a mixer for x-mas. I really like the Numark DXM06 with its effects and it has a solid feel to it. However I have heard that American Audio has underrated mixers. I looked at the Q-D6 on their webiste and for a 3 channel mixer the price is reasonable. (I wouldn't mind having a 3rd channel option in case I add extra equiptment in teh future) Does anyone have any input, experience, or stories about American Audio products? Are they rubbish or a good buy for the price? I am not a scratch Dj so the duribility of the crossfader is not an issue. Any suggestions of what mixer I should go for in this general price range would be a big help.

Cheers
Nic
i cant tell you anything about the american audio stuff but i do own a DXM06 and i can tell you build quality isnt that great. Ive owned it for a little over a year and one of the up faders dosent work at all, the other upfader is also on the way out. One of the switches for phono/line on the back also got stuck and i had to open the thing up to fix it.

For its price its alright but if i knew it was only going to last me a year i would have invested more money in a better mixer from the beginning.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement