return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

A new Mixer, Advise from those who know
View this Thread in Original format
we_R_DNA
Let me give you a brief background as to mye xperience of mixers.

First one was a Stanton SMX - 201 which had 2 eq's and 2 channels, that is about it.

The next upgrade was a Pyramid 19 inch 2700 which was nice inside my dj coffin

From there I dropped some money down on a Numark Matrix 3 which has 3 eqs, 3 kill switchs and 3 channels

I am now looking for a simple 3 eq mixer, 3 kill switchs and it does not have to come with 3 channels, two is fine for what I need to have accomplished. Ontop of that I am looking for something fairly cheap seeing as I am a young college guru ready to take on the world of knowledge haha jk. I am no guru.

Any help or advice on what mixers work for you would be great. Also I am looking for a mixer that will last longer than a few months because Iam constantly practicing to improve.

thank you for your time and advice

Andrew | WE_R_DNA
Joost
Check out the Gemini UMX SE.
razzi
quote:
I am now looking for a simple 3 eq mixer, 3 kill switchs

the first thing that comes to mind: vestax pcv 275. simple, great quality, smooth faders.

razzi.
FŽanor
quote:
Originally posted by razzi
the first thing that comes to mind: vestax pcv 275. simple, great quality, smooth faders.

razzi.

+1 I have one and it's great. It's only drawback is the probably -20dB/decade eqs. But it's my first mixer so it may be typical eqs. At least, there are kill switches. Oh also it's kinda hard to have fun with two eqs close to each other. Anyway, it's a really good mixer!
we_R_DNA
Why is -20dB/decade eqs a draw back?
amartinathome
Why would you ever get rid of a jewel like the Stanton SMX 201?

It was my first mixer as well. I remember thinking that it was the coolest thing in the world. Ahh, I was so young, so excited, so easy to entertain. Now I hardly ever get a chance to spin anymore

Sorry, I went off topic...

:( :( :(
CosmoKid
whats wrong with the matrix 3?

i had it, and I liked it, especially for a numark. depending on when you bought it, it may have been made by alesis.

i upgraded to the pcv-275. i love it and recommend it.
Psiweaver
pcv275
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement