return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

tonearm
View this Thread in Original format
xstalkrx
I'm still not sure if my tonearm is setup correctly and all the FAQ's I read dont paint me a clear enough picture.

What I dont understand is the 0 gram start setting. Is my tonearm supposed to be able to float in the air without going down to touch the record and without going all the way back when finding the 0 gram start setting?

Once I am set at 0 grams is when each rotation of the weight equals one gram of pressure? My counterweight reads up to 3.5 Why? I thought each roation equaled 1 gram of pressure?
Omega_Blue
spin the weight around until the tonearm is parallel to the ground. it should float in the air, perfectly level. then, turn the dial that displays the weight so it reads "0." now your tonearm is set at 0.

then, say you want to set the weight to 3 grams. spin the weight around until you hit 3 (the weight dial should move along with it). now your tonearm is set.
xstalkrx
ok. i just wasnt sure i was supposed to make the arm float in the air. problem solved. thanks. 3.5 grams is the standard weight?
Omega_Blue
well, to be honest mine are at 2.5... but then again i don't really know what the standard is. the lower the weight the less it wears on the records i'm pretty sure
DJ 00 Tommy
The weight differs for all carts and stlyi.
So just look up the suggest weight.
Actualy just tell us what cartriges you got and im sure someone will know what the wieght should be.
xstalkrx
im using the very cheap numark groove tool
saintjohnson
so look it up.

don't be lazy...if you still can't figure it out, then ask again.
sleepydragon
google it im sure ull find an answer
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement