return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Recording a Demo!
View this Thread in Original format
dynamix
Hi,

I need to record a Demo to submit to a promoter in the L.A. area. I was wondering what would be the best way to record the demo to my computer. Here's what I have.

Mixer - Denon X1500

Computer:
P4 2.0 GHz
1 Gig RAM
80 Gig ATA 133
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

I got a digital coax/RCA cable that plugs in to the back of my mixer and goes to the front panel of the audigy card. I was wondering if my computer has the horse power to record a high quality mix, and what software should I use to record it? Any input you guys have would be great. Thanks

Dynamix-
dynamix
Been reading around the forum. Please disregard my post. I got the information I need.
Xtracktor
quote:
Originally posted by dynamix
Hi,

I need to record a Demo to submit to a promoter in the L.A. area. I was wondering what would be the best way to record the demo to my computer. Here's what I have.

Mixer - Denon X1500

Computer:
P4 2.0 GHz
1 Gig RAM
80 Gig ATA 133
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

I got a digital coax/RCA cable that plugs in to the back of my mixer and goes to the front panel of the audigy card. I was wondering if my computer has the horse power to record a high quality mix, and what software should I use to record it? Any input you guys have would be great. Thanks

Dynamix-

Yea, I'd say you can pull it off with soundforge+plugins...although I'm assuming your HD is close to empty, because its going to be one massive file!
Xtracktor
quote:
Originally posted by dynamix
Been reading around the forum. Please disregard my post. I got the information I need.

roger :thepirate
Stu Cox
quote:
Originally posted by Xtracktor
Yea, I'd say you can pull it off with soundforge+plugins...although I'm assuming your HD is close to empty, because its going to be one massive file!

Only about 600MB for an hour, not a massive amount on an 80GB hard drive.
Xtracktor
quote:
Originally posted by Stu Cox
Only about 600MB for an hour, not a massive amount on an 80GB hard drive.

Yea, but once you start using the plugins like crackle remover..compressor etc, adds up quick. But yea, I was exagerating a bit, maybe from personal experience when I had 80 GB..had like 1.5 gb free :wtf:
Stu Cox
quote:
Originally posted by Xtracktor
Yea, but once you start using the plugins like crackle remover..compressor etc, adds up quick. But yea, I was exagerating a bit, maybe from personal experience when I had 80 GB..had like 1.5 gb free :wtf:

SF does that all in temporary memory, when the file's rendered it'll be the same size.

But yeah, don't do it if you haven't got at least twice the amount of space as you'll need!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement