return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
“tranceaddict has sadly become run over by the jocks, the meatheads and all the undes
View this Thread in Original format
trance_shaft
“tranceaddict has sadly become run over by the jocks, the meatheads and all the undesirables that the club and it's patrons really tried to avoid.”

You know I could care less about David’s overall attitude, but this one sentence hits it right on the mark

Actually I call it the “bandwagoner”-effect.

What does it mean? Basically when something grows in popularity extraneous elements start to join the legions of fans. These leeches grasp onto whatever is popular w/ out due regard to the original intent of the item or movement. All of this occurs while the original fan base, sickened by the arrival of bandwagoners, leave and eventually what once was sublime and great becomes superficial and hollow…

I will give two great examples….

I remember Ibiza in the late 90s….from the mid to late 90s the island was indeed an EDM fan’s paradise. BUT…lo and behold as word caught on and as time turned the hands of the clock the word spread. Over the course of the years all of the ”fun”, all of the communal spirit that destination engendered withered away. Today it’s just another “tourist” stop for imbeciles who want to “party”. All of the superficial nitwits have flooded the once majestic island and the place no longer is enjoyable.
The same thing has occurred in other “hotspots” such as Miami and the South beach area. What once was an exquisite and tropical sojourn in the US has became overrated….Miami is now, sorry to say, BORING.

But now I move onto something much more important….the MUSIC. Dresden said it perfectly w/ that remark I quoted above. To be sure he was referring to this website but I can easily extrapolate it to the EDM scene as a whole. Oh and please by all means lambaste me w/ your crude remarks …I could care less….yawn

But before you do so…consider this…

While I was too young to enjoy the 80s-early 90s rave culture in England, I do agree there was a purpose behind the madness. The term PLUR (Peace...love…Unity…respect) has become a joke for the precocious bandwagoners of today but I will tell you this is how the EDM culture began.

PLUR brought w/ it a spirit of camaraderie, a spirit of friendship and unity…indeed the music was the main focus. Peoples from ALL walks of life came and enjoyed what the DJ had to offer. There was no scrutiny for fashion or status; rich and poor, “dork” AND HIP, all beings came together to revel in the music.

This was the jovial spirit that carried the EDM movement into the 90s. I was lucky enough to mature and be a part of this “movement” during the mid to late 90s. Ahh let me tell you…those parties…those events were the stuff of legend. People from all races, backgrounds, fashion, etc all tallied behind the DJ.

Sadly many of us thought this “underground” culture would stay that way forever. David was obviously a part of this movement...

Naivety was our downfall EDM…especially trance…has become the victim of its own success.

Yes Trance has become “big”, but all of the faulty elements of success have arrived.
I use to enjoy going clubbing, but now it’s a saddening event. All of the “bandwagoner” elements have latched on and in my opinion ruined what was a great thing.

Instead of the communal spirit that prevailed, we now have the same old shallow nonsense that the original EDM culture tried to avoid. Just go to a club in LA on any given night and you'll see various groups snickering at each other. If ones try to make a friendly gesture eyebrows are raised.

I think I have said enough…

But before I depart…I do recall the early days of TA…3-4 years ago when this and other EDM sites were so vibrant. But over time the “bandwagoner” effect takes its victims; the original and core members leave in disgust while the new members debate over idiotic topics

LOL
Mebot
It's our mass-mediated instict to saturate the culture until it's been dried up and kicked aside.

My advice? Appreciate the music you like and give -all to what anyone else says. Love the music first.
Floorfiller
no one really cares what your opinion on this is so please go dry hump dave's leg somewhere else...
Masonious
Whooooooooaaa

Get over yourself
trance_shaft
quote:
no one really cares what your opinion on this is so please go dry hump dave's leg somewhere else...

Hehe...Thanks..."floorfiller"

You did my argument a great justice

lol
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by trance_shaft
Hehe...Thanks..."floorfiller"

You did my argument a great justice

lol

ill do it justice by pooping on it.
Demoted
you've been here since May and you're just figuring this out? n00b.

:wtf:
zoric
quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
It's our mass-mediated instict to saturate the culture until it's been dried up and kicked aside.

My advice? Appreciate the music you like and give -all to what anyone else says. Love the music first.

Well said. I'm thinking in the same directions.
::TranceVanDyk::
quote:
“tranceaddict has sadly become run over by the jocks, the meatheads and all the undesirables that the club and it's patrons really tried to avoid.”

You know I could care less about David’s overall attitude, but this one sentence hits it right on the mark

Actually I call it the “bandwagoner”-effect.

What does it mean? Basically when something grows in popularity extraneous elements start to join the legions of fans. These leeches grasp onto whatever is popular w/ out due regard to the original intent of the item or movement. All of this occurs while the original fan base, sickened by the arrival of bandwagoners, leave and eventually what once was sublime and great becomes superficial and hollow…

I will give two great examples….

I remember Ibiza in the late 90s….from the mid to late 90s the island was indeed an EDM fan’s paradise. BUT…lo and behold as word caught on and as time turned the hands of the clock the word spread. Over the course of the years all of the ”fun”, all of the communal spirit that destination engendered withered away. Today it’s just another “tourist” stop for imbeciles who want to “party”. All of the superficial nitwits have flooded the once majestic island and the place no longer is enjoyable.
The same thing has occurred in other “hotspots” such as Miami and the South beach area. What once was an exquisite and tropical sojourn in the US has became overrated….Miami is now, sorry to say, BORING.

But now I move onto something much more important….the MUSIC. Dresden said it perfectly w/ that remark I quoted above. To be sure he was referring to this website but I can easily extrapolate it to the EDM scene as a whole. Oh and please by all means lambaste me w/ your crude remarks …I could care less….yawn

But before you do so…consider this…

While I was too young to enjoy the 80s-early 90s rave culture in England, I do agree there was a purpose behind the madness. The term PLUR (Peace...love…Unity…respect) has become a joke for the precocious bandwagoners of today but I will tell you this is how the EDM culture began.

PLUR brought w/ it a spirit of camaraderie, a spirit of friendship and unity…indeed the music was the main focus. Peoples from ALL walks of life came and enjoyed what the DJ had to offer. There was no scrutiny for fashion or status; rich and poor, “dork” AND HIP, all beings came together to revel in the music.

This was the jovial spirit that carried the EDM movement into the 90s. I was lucky enough to mature and be a part of this “movement” during the mid to late 90s. Ahh let me tell you…those parties…those events were the stuff of legend. People from all races, backgrounds, fashion, etc all tallied behind the DJ.

Sadly many of us thought this “underground” culture would stay that way forever. David was obviously a part of this movement...

Naivety was our downfall EDM…especially trance…has become the victim of its own success.

Yes Trance has become “big”, but all of the faulty elements of success have arrived.
I use to enjoy going clubbing, but now it’s a saddening event. All of the “bandwagoner” elements have latched on and in my opinion ruined what was a great thing.

Instead of the communal spirit that prevailed, we now have the same old shallow nonsense that the original EDM culture tried to avoid. Just go to a club in LA on any given night and you'll see various groups snickering at each other. If ones try to make a friendly gesture eyebrows are raised.

I think I have said enough…

But before I depart…I do recall the early days of TA…3-4 years ago when this and other EDM sites were so vibrant. But over time the “bandwagoner” effect takes its victims; the original and core members leave in disgust while the new members debate over idiotic topics

LOL

i agree. too bad i was too young to experience the rave scene of the late 90's, early 2000's. ive found breakbeat and electro scene much more like the rave scene in that it does remind me of the PLUR acronym. at these events ive met so many people, and just chatted to people ive never met before. i cant really do that in the clubs here except at these events. everybody thinks they are the , so dont talk to them, or they look at you like, "who are you and why are you talking to me. dont u see i came with my group of people. stay with yours."
trance_shaft
LOL

"noob"?

So you have used idiotic internet jargon for your reply?

Noob? Wow....sorry sir

Your originality is the stuff of legend

Please by all means continue.

Nrg2Nfinit
lol this thread is dumb.. i just wanted to say that im posting on tranceaddict from a kiosk outside my psychology lecture class

bonus1
Ygrene
quote:

Why is this just posted in the CORe? If your issue is that TA/trance is on the decline I would suggest that you post it in every other forum as well for maximum exposure.

Unless you're simply blaming the CORe for TA's demise.......which seems a popular thing to do.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement