return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Smoker tried to open plane door
View this Thread in Original format
jp
Smoker tried to open plane door

The woman was arrested when the plane landed in Australia
A French woman has admitted attempting to open an aeroplane door mid-flight so that she could smoke a cigarette.
Sandrine Helene Sellies, 34, who has a fear of flying, had drunk alcohol and taken sleeping tablets ahead of the flight from Hong Kong to Brisbane.

She was seen on the Cathay Pacific plane walking towards a door with an unlit cigarette and a lighter.

She then began tampering with the emergency exit until she was stopped by a flight attendant.

Defence lawyer Helen Shilton said her client had no memory of what had happened on the flight on Saturday, and that she had a history of sleepwalking.

She pleaded guilty to endangering the safety of an aircraft at Brisbane Magistrates Court and was given a 12-month A$1,000 (£429) good behaviour bond - she will forfeit the money if she commits another offence.

The French tourist was at the start of a three-week holiday in Australia with her husband.

:rolleyes:

Source: BBC
CyberneticAngel
hahah OMG

seriously though, I wish more airlines let you smoke
Nightscape
quote:
Originally posted by jp

Defence lawyer Helen Shilton said her client had no memory of what had happened on the flight on Saturday, and that she had a history of sleepwalking.

my lawyer said the same thing after walked into my school with a mac10 and shot a load of people i had marked down on my list of people i want to kill
trance4life627
in hell, dumb bitch is lucky she aint dead...needs to be locked up
DarkAngel
Now THAT's what I call a nicotine addict.
zarathustra
I might be wrong, but I don't think that it's possible to open the emergency door while the cabin is pressurized. Still though, she gets a :rolleyes: for trying.
Groundhog Boy
See, this is what happens when smokers are forced to go outside all the time. Opening a door to light up just becomes habitual when you're going to have a cigarette. Too bad she was too ed up already to realize that it was a plane, not a bar.
::TranceVanDyk::
its impossible to open the emergency door on a jet liner when airborne. the speed and pressure difference has a very large force holding it shut if it was ever unlocked..
LiGHT78
quote:
Originally posted by jp

She pleaded guilty to endangering the safety of an aircraft at Brisbane Magistrates Court and was given a 12-month A$1,000 (£429) good behaviour bond - she will forfeit the money if she commits another offence.

:rolleyes:

Source: BBC

WTF does that mean??? If she doesn't do anything stupid for a year she makes $1000 for trying to open the door to an airplane in mid flight???

:conf: :conf: :conf:
Xenocreator_PG_
quote:
Originally posted by ::TranceVanDyk::
its impossible to open the emergency door on a jet liner when airborne. the speed and pressure difference has a very large force holding it shut if it was ever unlocked..

true that.

CyberneticAngel
quote:
Originally posted by LiGHT78
WTF does that mean??? If she doesn't do anything stupid for a year she makes $1000 for trying to open the door to an airplane in mid flight???

:conf: :conf: :conf:

no no, she paid a $1000 bond and will only get it back if she doesn't up for a year
e_trance
damn crazy women ! only 1000$ for this, she could kill everyone because of here stupid cigarette :whip:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement