return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
George Best
View this Thread in Original format
RickyM
From BBC:

Footballing legend George Best is unlikely to survive another 24 hours, his doctor has said.
Best, 59, could not recover from the internal bleeding that developed in the night, Professor Roger Williams said.

"I have to tell you his hours are numbered," he said at Cromwell Hospital, west London, at 1250 GMT.

The ex-Northern Ireland and Manchester United star deteriorated with a lung infection on Friday, eight weeks after entering hospital with flu symptoms.

[Internal bleeding] has now affected the lungs and other parts, and there is really no return from that situation

Professor Roger Williams
Professor Williams said on Thursday: "Mr Best is coming to the end of the long road of his ill health.

"The situation is that medically the intensive care team and everybody concerned have managed to cope with pretty well all of the complications except the one that has happened again during the night - this bleeding.

"Although [the blood] has been replaced, it has now affected the lungs and other parts, and there is really no return from that situation.

"It is just not possible to recover from that."

He added: "He is still having standard medical care and treatment but I have to tell you that his hours are numbered now and it's all very upsetting."

When he left the hospital later in the afternoon, Professor Williams said there had been "further deterioration" but that there was nothing more to report.

Very sad news :(, probably the greatest footballer ever.
Nabistai
Isn't he the drunk who decided to keep drinking eventhough he was lucky enough to receive a liver transplant? If so, I have no compassion at all.
Jackson
quote:
Originally posted by Nabistai
Isn't he the drunk who decided to keep drinking eventhough he was lucky enough to receive a liver transplant? If so, I have no compassion at all.

It is...although it is his own fault, i still feel sorry for him. Alchohol is not simple to quit once it becomes part of your life. I'm not saying its not his fault, just that been an Alchoholic is hard to overcome.
Kato
quote:

No need for that :rolleyes:

The man is a legend, and the reason he is ill now is not because he drank after his transplant, its due to an infection caused by the transplant.
Nabistai
quote:
Originally posted by Kato
No need for that :rolleyes:

The man is a legend, and the reason he is ill now is not because he drank after his transplant, its due to an infection caused by the transplant.

No, he is ill because he had the flu...
mentalbarter
quote:

fair play

tho we never really knew him at his prime so we are less likely to feel compassion anyway
kr00t0n
I dont see why celebrities should receive any more compassion than the thousands that die every day all over the world
Jackson
quote:
Originally posted by kr00t0n
I dont see why celebrities should receive any more compassion than the thousands that die every day all over the world

If it was a TAs relative in the same situation then i would keep my post the same.:o
Ian
this guy was a woman beater, a drunk & wasted his talent as a player, he didn't deserve the liver that could've saved someone more needy. Maybe it's an infection what finishes him off but he's not exactly a great rolemodel. just look at the lack of ethics his son has.
Jackson
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
this guy was a woman beater, a drunk & wasted his talent as a player, he didn't deserve the liver that could've saved someone more needy. Maybe it's an infection what finishes him off but he's not exactly a great rolemodel. just look at the lack of ethics his son has.

What u mean about his son? I dont watch alot of sport so u'll have to fill me in (No floorfiller, not in that way!)

Corpse
His sperm helped create that utter wanker Callam Best. So in the end, God is punishing him LMAO.
_Ocean_Drive_
quote:
Originally posted by Kato
its due to an infection caused by the transplant.

And why did he have a transplant in the first place?

I mean this in the most neutral way, but he should have been denied a transplant and been allowed to die with some dignity.

Great footballer, and big hearted man or not, he drank his liver first liver rotten. He then got a new one over and above other people. The decision itself was a little controversrial, but if he was prepared to stop drinking fine, but he didn't make the effort as far as I can see.

Good footballer, but there have been better.

I do think it's sad he's dying, but the whole thing is a sorry state of affiairs really.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement