return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
Burj Dubai Tower Contract Signed! Let's build her!
View this Thread in Original format
architect1803
I'm pretty sure most of you encountered some news, or watched a documentary on TLC or PBS about the tallest building in the world being built on the grounds of Dubai during the next 2-7 years, if and only if, the contract, undergoing safety precautions and dilemmas with terrorists attacks (9-11 NYC, which put a 4 year stop to the project), financial issues, and prelimenary structure doubts about the building being too tall, could be signed at all.

On November 28, 2005, the architectural firm in charge of designing the megastructure finally had an agreement, and signed one of the most important documents in history; a building to be contructed, with the high cost of approximately $900 million.

The building will now spring upward from its foundation, consisting of 192 piles constructed to depths of more than 50 meters, bound together by a 3.7 meter thick concrete raft across 8,000 square metres, and encompassing the tower’s entire footprint. The total concrete poured into the foundation (over 45,000 cubic meters) is estimated to weigh more than 110,000 tons.

The high performance exterior cladding system will be employed to withstand the extreme temperatures during the summer months in Dubai. Primary materials include reflective glazing, aluminum and textured stainless steel spandrel panels and the vertical stainless tubular fins accentuating the height and the slenderness of the tower.
When completed, Burj Dubai will hold the record in all four categories as recognized by the New York-based global authority - Council on Tall Building and Urban Habitat – highest structure, roof, antenna and occupied floor.

In order, the building will consist of these sections:

A hotel will accompany the first 37 floors of the building. Following the commercial hospitality, a more private life will be available for people, made by 700 apartments in the middle area of the Burj Dubai Tower. Finally, what every fine, high class building honors for the rich and famous: the remaining floors are to be filled with a private, exotic club, private observation decks, and a penthouse that the world is yet to believe can ever exist at 2313 feet into the sky.

The Burj Dubai Tower is said to be completed around 2008. If all goes well, and terrorism levels stay at norm, the world will see one huge monster piercing through the clouds. Costs for apartments, penthouse, observation deck tours and hotel rooms are still being discussed by architects and financial marketers.

Duece!
c/p:disbelief
Matthias
damn...I want that penthouse
Rememberence_
That is insane mate. How tall are we talking?? Give us the numbers!!
tmft
2313 feet, right?

Dubai is an awesome city to walk around. The radio stations play Armin van Buuren. Just don't try to get a drink during Ramadan. (they don't serve alcohol then).

Even the airport was incredible, it had palm trees inside.
Inconspicuous
What ever happened to that underwater hotel they were going to build there?
Ph03n1x
quote:
Dubai is an awesome city to walk around. The radio stations play Armin van Buuren. Just don't try to get a drink during Ramadan. (they don't serve alcohol then).

Yeah, my brother has been there three times this last year. He wants me to save up and fly out there the next time he goes.
Matthias
quote:
Originally posted by tmft
Dubai is an awesome city to walk around. The radio stations play Armin van Buuren.

Word...add that place to the list of destinations I must see next to Ibiza, Tokyo and Amsterdam.
Inconspicuous
quote:
Originally posted by Inconspicuous
What ever happened to that underwater hotel they were going to build there?

I guess it's called Hydropolis, and it's supposed to be done by October, '06:

Steven Hays
quote:
Originally posted by Ph03n1x
Yeah, my brother has been there three times this last year. He wants me to save up and fly out there the next time he goes.

I looked at tickets the other day. They're running about $5000-$6000 roundtrip from Texas. With a minimum of 3 stops!
tmft
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Hays
I looked at tickets the other day. They're running about $5000-$6000 roundtrip from Texas. With a minimum of 3 stops!

Where were you looking?? You can fly one stop Austin>>JFK>>Dubai for $1400 on Delta & Emirates Air. (& Emirates is very cushy).

If you're willing to stop twice, you can go Lufthansa to Austin>>Chicago>>Frankfurt>>Dubai for $900.

Not chump change, but a lot cheaper than 5000.

Rememberence_
lmao yeah I was gonna say... 5000-6000?? First class maybe :p
rapfiend03
only the best mate! warm damp towels and multiple video channels with wide load leather seats :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement