return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Actors getting paid too much?
View this Thread in Original format
Psygnosis
Well after reading how much high profile actors get paid is just ridiculous. Tom Cruise getting around 70 million etc. for what actually, just acting when more of the film is special effects.

The recent thing with King Kong made me happy when it was told around 300 million was the budget for the film, 20 million went to Peter Jackson and more of the 300 million went to the special effects department.

I'm saying this because i've began both special effects and directing courses and these aspects i think don't get the credit that actors get.

I believe actors have become just billboards of advertising, and the price of the actors wage is determined how much people want to see them which i think is ridiculous.

I think Directors should make more, good directors make the film happen, not a the overwashed actors.

who also sees this trend?
ierxium
The same goes for actresses.
Boomer187
they bring in people to see the movie, that is worth the high salary.
amphetamine
Did you just figured that out? :rolleyes:
Psygnosis
quote:
Originally posted by amphetamine
Did you just figured that out? :rolleyes:

err no, just didn't really dwell into that much before.

And Boomer, i still think it's not right cause it will just get to their head i believe. Such as Steven Spielberg, no offence to the great director of before but now any movie he doesn't even direct in which is produces (as in finances), then it will say Steven Spielbergs "XX", is that a form of false advertising? And can't possibly say his new movies are any good compared to the past. Same as many high paid actors, their performances drop yet they get paid big sums of money just to memorize lines and act in a manner suited to the scene.

Thank god they don't do the other aspects of film such as special effects, then they will know what real hard work is.

Oh well, i still believe Directors are better than actors anyways.
eFeKz
directors dont put people in the theatre.:stongue: :stongue:

you dont see steven speilberg on the cover of GQ magazine for "hottest man alive"

actors & actresses....no matter how much they get paid, fill the stands.

SkyWalker Sound wont fill up a cinema, and make tons of cha-ching.

u need faces for that to happen, hence, overpaid, egocentric actors & actresses!

http://starwarsnoooos.ytmnd.com/ without these guys...no money would be made.

LOL:toothless
ierxium
My respect goes to the writers.
Psygnosis
quote:
Originally posted by eFeKz
directors dont put people in the theatre.:stongue: :stongue:

Actually many popular directors do.

But it's just my opinion on the matter, dont believe everyone should agree :)
eFeKz
quote:
Originally posted by Psygnosis
Actually many popular directors do.

But it's just my opinion on the matter, dont believe everyone should agree :)
+1, i completly agree! lest we forget though, actors' pictures are on the billboard adds, not directors lol!!
dinoXpress
The market bears it soo.....

lex400sc
The special effects industry is in huge over here, I don't think anyone is hurtin for money...
stevieboy32808
quote:
Originally posted by Psygnosis
Well after reading how much high profile actors get paid is just ridiculous. Tom Cruise getting around 70 million etc. for what actually, just acting when more of the film is special effects.

The recent thing with King Kong made me happy when it was told around 300 million was the budget for the film, 20 million went to Peter Jackson and more of the 300 million went to the special effects department.

The Tom Cruise salary is exaggerated. The guy gets 20 million dollars per picture, not 70 million.

The highest budget for making a film WAS The Titanic at 200 million, but King Kong broke that record since it took 207 million to make, NOT 300 million.

King Kong
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement