return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
how many of you write down the BPMs on the covers of your vinyl
View this Thread in Original format
hiram
im learning to spin so im still counting beats for both records and then matching them, i count for 15 sec and then multiply by 4. just wondering how many of your pre-count the BPMs and write them down on the record or the cover for quicker mixing.
Boomer187
not me.

just practice and it gets simple.
Vero
um, no. dont try and match BPMs, match the beat. dont tap it out or use a counter. Use your ear.
djthunderbird
I was planning to add a sticker to each vinyl with Bpm and key for harmonic mixing purposes but I never got around to it.
hiram
quote:
Originally posted by Vero
um, no. dont try and match BPMs, match the beat. dont tap it out or use a counter. Use your ear.

i do use my ear. i turn off the counter everytime i mix. but sometimes i cant tell which beat is faster and by how much, i guess my ears get tired or somthing. its frustrating
mzvirbulis
but see you really need to know which one is quicker naturaly by practice. you dont need a bpm counter. just practice using your ear every time no matter what. like when it comes to making corrections live in the mix, you dont have the time to be stuffing around with your bpm counter.
i just kept at learning by ear and now it's nothing!

to be honest learn by ear it's the most important if you want to suceed even as an amature dj!

although things like good bpm counters may come in handy in certain situations but that depends on how you use it.
Zild
I do, but I don't have any problems beatmatching. I use it only for set programming.
Nic
i write the bpm and key for key matching.
FirstBorn
quote:
Originally posted by djthunderbird
I was planning to add a sticker to each vinyl with Bpm and key for harmonic mixing purposes but I never got around to it.

I do this for harmonic mixing purposes and it makes a huge difference. :)
CosmoKid
quote:
Originally posted by FirstBorn
I do this for harmonic mixing purposes and it makes a huge difference. :)

ditto. you need to know the bpm if you plan on harmonically mixing.

TranceSpeeder
i write down the bpm on the comments section of each mp3 when i buy them, hehe its so easy this way.
dinoXpress
My ear tells me what to mix, and fs2 tells me the bpm.

b0p!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement