return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 
March 3rd Louisville, KY N-Phrase Presents: The Thrillseekers
View this Thread in Original format
Puzzle
N-Phrase Entertainment Present: LIFT

March 3rd 2006
Louisville, Ky
$15.00 Cover
9pm-4am

The Gate -- 1335 Story Ave. Louisville, KY
18+ to enter / 21+ to drink with proper ID / Free Water

Pre-Sale Tickets

The Thrillseekers
For Mix sets go to www.thethrillseekers.co.uk

Steve Helstrip has been at the very forefront of the world's trance scene for over 6 years now. From his breakout hit 'Synaesthesia', through to the anthems 'Dreaming of You' and most recently 'NewLife', he has continued to produce a powerhouse of the most emotive music going. He has remixed such luminaries as Tiesto, Timo Maas, Sonique and Chicane, lending them all his trademark melodic and euphoric sound.
Steve has enthralled crowds the world over with both his Thrillseekers Live and DJ sets. The Ministry, Gallery, PaSSion and Godskitchen have all born witness to his fluid mixing, unique style and highly energetic performances. It's these sets that saw him crack the DJ Magazine's Top 100 DJ's chart last year. Aside from DJ'ing Steve runs his own label, Adjusted Music, the first fruit of which is the aforementioned 'NewLife' and now the long awaited re-release of 'Synaesthesia'.
Steve started out making trance music while working for the computer games developer, Manic Media. Whilst living in Chipping Norton, on the Oxfordshire border, with a relatively basic home studio he constructed the milestone that is "Synaesthesia". Signed and released by Neo Records at the height of the 1998 trance boom, it went on to sell over 12,000 copies on its initial UK release.
With its vibe on the subtler side of the genre it took more than a year to fully realise its own potential however. Its road to eventual chart success was assisted in no small part by Paul van Dyk. He took the record and gave it a six month long, gig in, gig out battering. The next year saw PVD sign it to his own Vandit label, remix it and with the inclusion of a vocal from Sheryl Dean it entered UK charts at number 27. As a standalone track it has rocked a million clubbers hearts across a hundred countries. It still appears in a huge cross-section of DJ's all time top tens today.
While still closeted in Chipping Norton, Steve took it upon himself to learn the art of DJing. It was initially born purely out of a desire to see how his records worked in the mix with other tracks, and as a tool with which to improve their DJ properties. This quickly turned into a desire to see them, first hand, fire up a floor. Realising how, in the ever changing world of dance music, DJ'ing was starting to go hand in hand with production, Steve started to apply even more energy to perfecting the skill. It was around this time that he was approached by Neil Stacey who had just opened his DJ Connections Agency. Neil was also more than aware of the rapidly expanding desire from punters to see their production hero's DJ'ing. Within six short months Neil had Steve playing at the biggest and most influential clubs on the planet. From GodsKitchen to the Gallery to PaSSion and the Ministry, he has delighted clubbers with his pinpoint mixing and animated performances.
Steve was always one for quality over quantity and whilst other trance producers belted out one sound-a-like track after another, he focused on creating a catalogue he would still be happy with in 20 years time. Following "Synaesthesia" came "Dreaming of You" which was released on the Ministry of Sound's Data label and in the UK alone, featured on 14 compilations. From there it would be another year before Steve produced another Thrillseekers track.
'NewLife' was originally passed to Ferry Corsten in December of 2003 when Steve went over to co-produce the track 'Sublime' for Corsten's album. Ferry smashed it as an exclusive for six months driving demand through the roof. Steve at this point decided to add another string to his bow with the launch of his own label Adjusted Music. 'NewLife' was the first release and to date it has been compiled on to 10 compilations worldwide. Adjusted's second outing will be the re-release of the legendary 'Synaesthesia'. With mixes from Ferry Corsten, Pulser, MESH and Steve's En-Motion 2004 re-edit it looks destined for even greater success.
In the intervening period Steve went on to launch a new moniker for MOS subsidiary, Incentive. En-Motion was born and with it came "Truth" in 2000 and "Getting Away with It" in 2002. In the adjoining years he also pushed forward with collaborations with Andy "Pulser" Perring as Insigma ("Open Our Eyes"/"Avalon") and with ATCR owner Tim Stark under the name Rapid Eye ('Never Going Back'/"Circa-Forever"/"Stealing Beauty"/'Santa Cruz'/'Absolut').
Steve's remix career started pretty much the same day as "Synaesthesia" was promoed. Since then he has revamped, remapped and reshaped in excess of thirty other artist's tracks. From Sonique to Sholan, from Tiesto to Timo Maas (twice!) and from Chicane to Cequenza, he has lent them all his awesomely melodic, electronic touch.
Tim Stark - DJ Mag

Original Tracks:
The Thrillseekers 'Synaesthesia 2004' [Adjusted]
The Thrillseekers 'NewLife' [Adjusted]
The Thrillseekers 'Dreaming of You' [MOS]
The Thrillseekers 'Synaesthesia' [Neo]
The Thrillseekers 'Escape' [Adjusted]
The Thrillseekers '36 weeks' [Neo]
The Thrillseekers 'Castaway' [Neo]

Rapid Eye 'Absolut' [ATCR]
Rapid Eye 'Santa Cruz' [ATCR]
Rapid Eye 'Stealing Beauty' [ATCR]
Rapid Eye 'Circa Forever' [ATCR]
Rapid Eye 'Never Going Back' [ATCR]
Rapid Eye 'Alderaan' [ATCR]
Rapid Eye 'Heights' [ATCR]

Insigma 'Insigma' [ATCR]
Insigma 'Open our Eyes' [ATCR]
Insigma 'Avalon' [ATCR]

En-Motion 'Getting Away With It' [Incentive]
En-Motion 'Truth' [IDJ]

Hydra 'Affinity' [Discover]

Ferry Corsten 'Sublime' [Tsunami]

Thrillseeker Remixes:
Evolve 'Safe to Dream' [Adjusted]
Reflekt feat Delline Bass 'Need to be Loved' [Positiva]
Lange feat Kirsty Hawkshaw 'Sincere for You' [Lange Recordings]
Ferry Corsten 'Sweet Sorrow' [Tsunami]
8 Wonders 'The Morning After' [Somatic Sense]
Usual Aspect 'Mr Blue' [Motion Recordings]
Witness of Wonder 'Emotions in Motion' [ATCR]
Rapid Eye 'Circa Forever' (Ambient mix) [ATCR]
Alizee 'A Countre Courant' [Universal]
Alizee 'J'en Ai Marre' [Universal]
Jan Johnston 'Calling Your Name' [Platipus]
Hydra 'Affinity' [Discover]
Sholan 'Can You Feel' [Ministry of Sound]
En Motion 'Getting Away With It' [Incentive]
Orinoko 'Island' [Positiva]
Tiesto and Armin van Burren 'Eternity' [Vandit/Armind]
Vincent de Moor 'Fly Away' [Virgin]
Chicane 'Autumn Tactics' [Xtravaganza]
Chicane 'Saltwater (Club Mix)' [Xtravaganza]
Chicane 'Saltwater (Ambient Mix)' [Xtravaganza]
Blank & Jones 'Beyond Time' [Gang Go]
Ascension 'Someone' [Code Blue]
Rhythm of Life 'You Put Me In Heaven' [Xtravaganza]
Alice Deejay 'Back In My Life' [Positiva]
Force Majeure 'Redemption' [Additive]
Free Radical 'Unity Theme' [ATCR]
Digitale 'New York Doll'
Roadblock 'Touch Me'
Silhouette 'Cant Wait To Find Love' [Neo]

En-Motion Remixes:
Sonique 'It Feels So Good' [Serious]
York 'Farewell To The Moon' [Positiva]
Starparty 'Im In Love With You' [Incentive]
Aurora 'Hear You Calling' [Additive]

Rapid Eye Remixes:
Gee Motion 'Blue Angel' [Perfecto]
Blank & Jones 'The Nightfly' [Gang Go]
Timo Maas 'Der Sheiber' [Perfecto]
Cequenza 'Cequenza' [Spot On]
Compulsive 'Movin' [Spot On]

The Djs:

The Thrillseekers (Trance) UK
Dj Kenneth Keith (Trance Genre) Evansville, IN / Louisville, KY
Dj Topher Jones (Progressive Trance) Indianapolis, IN
Dj Wunderkind (Hard Trance)Louisville, KY
Dj Lasher (Trance) Louisville, KY
Dj Jewell (House / Breaks) Louisville, KY
Dj Cadence (House / Breaks) Louisville, KY
edman6796
i know you might have asked TA's in the past before but if you need a good trance DJ to open or play in a side room etc. i would be quite interested before i move back to the UK. i've got a few mixes at www.polhillproductions.com the site is a bit e, but i threw that together in hours. If not, i'll see about coming down anyway and bringing some people.
Puzzle
im always accepting demos not only for my events but for my roster. TA's TopherJones will be featured at this event, and there are many planned for the future with the following artist.

Max Graham
Cosmic Gate

and many others, hit me up and we'll hang out sometime, well if your close :P
Puzzle
updated main post
Topher Jones
Got my flyers today....looking forward to this event....
edman6796
Puzzle, you coming up to Indy for Gabriel & Dresden on the 27th? I have a CD for yer aswell, actually more than a few :-D .......whats happening to the midwest with all these acts coming in, that is crazy. my #is908 0132, gimme a shout if you do come up
Eddie
Puzzle
as far as i know i will be there, topher and some other people talked me into it so to answer your question yes i'll be in attendance...... maybe alittle tipsy but i'll be there lol hope to see ya
meg
This is a definite possibility. I'm so glad to see there in a scene in KY.
djarecebo
pardon me for asking, but is there actually any sort of scene in kentucky? i just can't imagine it in my wildest dreams. :conf:
Puzzle
when i'm done, it will combat any surrounding scene, but as of now its on a rise with alot of events coming. so keep your eyes open were coming up :)

::TranceVanDyk::
wow, simply wow.

i lived in louisvile for 16 years, and the only scene i knew was that which was on the internet. im amazed to see something like the thrillseekers actually in louisville. i may have to go to this. im planning a trip to louisville anyways to visit some people from my funner more innocent years.
Puzzle
it will be nice to have you thanks for your interest!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement