return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
serfour's ridiculous prices
View this Thread in Original format
Tegu

http://www.wwbw.com/Sefour-Universa...t-i257684.music

$193 for a ing bracket. go yourselves!!!
wee_rooney
if thats for 2 cdj's then thats a great price!
i paid £159 each for my 2 space-tek single cdj stands!
Freak
All of their stuff is an utter rip off!

Look around- you will be able to find something similar not designed for the purpose that will work- A Telivision bracket for example ;)
n3lly
I found their prices a rip off as well! So i looked at a picture..

Made up a drawing of their Sefour X30 table..

Then i set about making the actuall table with this result...

Whole thing only cost me about 230 euro. Plus it probably could have been done cheaper.

Having said all that, i know what you want is actual metal work rather than wood.

Freak's idea is definitely the way to go!

nelly
punjabi
i could see sefour's prices as reasonable if they were half of what they are.
Gunyouken
You could very easily have something similar to that laser cut and bent, You just assemble all the parts and you have a stand. It'll prob not even be a 3de of the price.
Tegu
nelly i'm impressed!

i figure whatever i use, if it's less than perfect i'll use some c-clamps to hold it down

freak you got any links to those tv brackets ur talkin about?
wee_rooney
quote:
Originally posted by Gunyouken
You could very easily have something similar to that laser cut and bent, You just assemble all the parts and you have a stand. It'll prob not even be a 3de of the price.

i use a plasma cutter & tig welders at ma work, turnin old s/h trucks into horseboxes, show trucks etc.
but i still forked out 160 quid on ma space tek one, & im more than happy with them! but the sefour one looks much simpler, but still id rather just pay it and have the stand that is made specifically for the cdj than go in around makin one!
dj darroch
Their stuff may be overpriced but its the best stuff you can get for holding ur decks & vinyls on.

the x30 is built like a rock when built up. Can't complain one bit.
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by dj darroch
Their stuff may be overpriced but its the best stuff you can get for holding ur decks & vinyls on.

the x30 is built like a rock when built up. Can't complain one bit.

That is very true...

Even my imitation table is built like a Brick House! Took 3 of us to move it.

I dunno, i'd put aside some money, then some more etc etc.. And eventually just buy it. The appreciation would be there i'd imagine :)

nelly

DJ 00 Tommy
I dont have any dj funiture or accesories.
I clean records with damp cloths not record cleaner (although i realy should get some)
I use crates instead of record bags.
Im using a desk that was collecting dust in the garage.

There stuff does seem overpriced but gotta admit it looks pretty cool and sturdy.
wee_rooney
at the end of the day you get what you pay for!

pay good money - get a great product!
be a tight arse - have a collection of !

end of.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement