return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

So.... whos playing on NYE?
View this Thread in Original format
Basstard
its pretty much the holy grail for any DJ. so whos the lucky buggers who are getting to live the dream 2moro nite?

im lucky enuff to be playing to a crowd of around 600 people but i have absolutly no idea what im gonna do at midnight. i have a ruff idea of what song to play but as for the actual countdown i have no idea. i absolutly refuse to talk through a mike as i have never done so and i know i would suck at it. im thinking of just getting on with things and spinning good choons.
davemolina
**raises hand**

Its a good feeling to be playing on NYE. Looking forward to it and congrats to everyone!!!
nicktra86
download a count down acapella...
InterMilan31
Nope if I do it will be a house party
J:\Digital
!! I wish I was... I don't even know what I am doing period,let alone if I will be spinning.. :wtf:

DannyO and I spun last year at my house party.. which was sweet.. Intimate set with the guests.. :cool:
dj_lane
I could have, But I didnt wanna go to milwaukee...
Tony Morello
for the first time in years i'm not working this new years

i even made my fee this new years a little more than usual just so i was sure i wasn't going to be booked

i'm going to spend it cuddled up on a couch watching movies with a special someone
Freak
Nope

Turned down a lot of cash this year as it is the worst ing night of the year to work.
Full of wankers-almost as bad as xmas eve. have played out for god knows how many years on NYE and i cant be bothered any more. BUnch of arse

Decided to come to New York to see the bird and wish i hadnt bothered now.

Yes im still in the big apple.
Inertia
not exactly NYE, but, went to see Frank Lorber (Cocoon DJ) who kicks ass and a friend of mine was opening. after my friend's set, he told me he wanted to throw an afterparty, if i knew anyone with some sound equip. as he only had his DJ gear. i happeend to have some friend's monitors at home, so we got those, set everything up, and went back to the party. the afterparty turned out to be a with Frank himself. he was too tired to spin some more (after 8 hours) but he was willing to party with us. i got to spin in front of a bunch of local DJs for the first time, and even Frank's girlfriend was dancing. twas cool.
Nemesis44
Played two club gigs, one in Brighton (3 hour warm up) and one in warehouse in London (5 hour closing set, initially planned for 3 hours) to a crowd of 1000 gurning their off.

Went to a private party after that and hit the decks for another 2 hours and was still on it till about 3pm on Sunday afternoon.
Got paid really good money for both gigs so did pretty well this month. Technically wouldn't have to do another days work this month.

Feel the worse for ware today though but had a good time.

Cheers
Nem

Basstard
christ nem youve got stamina lol

thanks for the advice the other day (freak too) it helped me big time for this NYE gig. played a proper warmup, played the right material to get the girls on the floor, the guys instantly followed. once every1 was on the floor i banged them from 11-1+.
they fcukin lurved it
Nemesis44
quote:
Originally posted by Basstard
thanks for the advice the other day (freak too) it helped me big time for this NYE gig. played a proper warmup, played the right material to get the girls on the floor, the guys instantly followed. once every1 was on the floor i banged them from 11-1+.
they fcukin lurved it

Good for you.
It's always cool when you feel you have done something good.

As for the Stamina, still feeling knackered now and sleep patterns are waaaaay of the mark at the moment.

Cheers
Nem
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement