return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

how many of you have givin in yet?
View this Thread in Original format
BTG
for all of those who wanted to 'quit smoking for newyears'

how many people are still going strong?
how many people gave in?

/still no smokes yet :nervous:
jonSun
My New Years Resolution is to keep smoking.

Nah, ive tried quitting many many times. Ive just decided that im gonna smoke until I get married or have kids, whatever comes first.
BTG
hey..thats a good idea..maybe i can smoke until then.

/thinks

no! i can't be tempted!!

EEGAD

its so hard. like, it's only been 2 days, but at work i almost threw my monitor across the room just because a window froze for 30 seconds.

i think for the good of my company, i should smoke.
stevieboy32808
Have you tried the patches or the nicorette gum?
jonSun
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
hey..thats a good idea..maybe i can smoke until then.

/thinks

no! i can't be tempted!!

EEGAD

its so hard. like, it's only been 2 days, but at work i almost threw my monitor across the room just because a window froze for 30 seconds.

i think for the good of my company, i should smoke.

Srsly try Zyban, it worked for me, just the depression part came with it. I never knew what depression was like until i took Zyban. But I did quit smoking. I just forgot to renew my prescription & got the urge again. If i would have renewed it, i prolly wouldnt be smoking today.
BTG
quote:
Originally posted by stevieboy32808
Have you tried the patches or the nicorette gum?

i bring gum with me to work incase the urge is too great, but i havn't had it yet. i tried quitting before with the gum, and the gum only made me think 'man..this is supposed to be as good as a ing smoke?! bull...i need a smoke, it'

but using the cold turkey method, my mindset is already in 'no nicotine for btg..hrhrhr' so i can expect it to suck.
BTG
quote:
Originally posted by josh4
you can already tell btg will fail because he started this thread with intention to find others that are slipping. most likely to make himself feel better about it

it's true..i'm doomed.
StanVoid
smoking is ... a "disease"! just like alcoholism! you can't fight it yourself, just like you can't fight cancer. You just have to succumb to its powers, and keep smoking/drinking.

eye_03
i think ive smoked maybe like 5 cigs in my life. i dont want to get addicted.

but this is some encouragement for you guys trying to quit:

yeah, im a douchebag.:whip:
3jaz
quiting is easy, ive done it 5 times already :toothless *cough cough*
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement