return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Need help with technic sl1200mkii No sound :(
View this Thread in Original format
Danila
I just picked up a turntable from a music store (its used and it has 60 day warranty). I got it for dirt cheap and it also had a ortofon Nightclub needle. So I bring it home, I plug it in the wall, put a record on, hook up the audio to my mixer and start the record. I can hear the music if I listen to the needle but nothing coming out of my speakers. Yes everything works I plugged in my pc in same channel it worked. I dont know where to hook up the ground wire. Any ideas? Thanks

if its broken I have no problem bringing it in but I got it for about $150 and the store stated it was in very good condition. Hopefully Im missing something :-) Thanks
Tony Morello
did you make sure it's plugged into a phono input on your mixer?

the simplist mistakes are often the most common
Danila
well now I just hooked it up straight to my stereo

will phono plugs fit into some other plugs? I hooked it up to my tape in on my mixer (its a behringer 1604 Im getting numark matrix 3 tomorow)
Danila
it works now . I hooked it up straight to my stereo and that did the trick. but the sound quality is bad, maybe because its an old RUssian record from like 1988
Danila
yeah it wont work with regular mixer. both of the TTs work if i hook them up to stereo directly. Do weights etc have effect on sound quality? I need ot set them up
s3nate
Hey try getting a picture for us so we can see the problem.
sw1
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Morello
did you make sure it's plugged into a phono input on your mixer?

the simplist mistakes are often the most common

+1.

Make sure it's plugged into one of the PHONO inputs on your mixer, and only the PHONO inputs. The signal from the phono cartridge is about 100(?) times less than the signal from a line-level device and requires RIAA equalization AND pre-amplification.
DJ 00 Tommy
Dont get confused...
Phono is a level that the output is not a plug (like sw has said).
Test to see if it is not your mixer. try some other source and make sure all the switches are on the correct setting. I know someone who spent atleast 30minutes to an hour trying to get the thing working but the thing he missed was to change the switches on the back of the mixer!
Danila
Yeah I think it was my mixer. Well today Im picking up numark matrix 3 and it should be good right? Cant wait to try it out :)
DJ 00 Tommy
Matrix 3 mixers are not exactly praised mixers.
How much did it cost you?

Danila
oh really?

it costs about $120 and everything works great on it (its used)

what mixer would you suggest?
DJ 00 Tommy
Numark dxm range are good value for price.
i dont live in america so i dont know any good stores but djdeals.com has free shipping on mixers.
Numark dxm06 -
2 channel mixer with built in effects for under $200
Or maybe you should have got one of those new stanton mixers they look sweet. I havnt heard of many people who have used a matrix mixer but from those who have... well it wasnt pretty.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement