return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
New music from Richie Hawtin to be Featured at the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
View this Thread in Original format
TigerClaw
I just read an article posted at residentadvisor.net, It mentions that Richie Hawtin has written a piece of music that will be featured durring the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony at Torino.

Richie Hawtin has created a piece of music for the XXth Olympic Winter Games Opening Ceremony taking place on February 10th in Torino, Italy.

The new composition titled "9:20", was written & produced by Richie Hawtin and made in collaboration with renowned Italian choreographer, Enzo Cosimi at Hawtin's Berlin studio. It will accompany Cosimi's provocative choreography featuring famous Italian dancer Robert Bolle along with dozens of other dancers, performers and acrobats. Hawtin & Cosimi worked together to build an evolving soundscape of sounds and effects to accompany the different movements of Cosimi's piece. The composition will tie in with the theme of the Opening Ceremony, the foundation elements of Rhythm, Passion and Speed.

"Enzo and I are very much interested in pushing boundaries, both as artists and for our audiences. Working together for the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Games delivers the creative endeavor to not only entertain a huge audience, but to also introduce them to sights and sounds that they may have never experienced before," says Hawtin from his studio in Berlin.

This is not the first time Olympic ceremony producers have called on an electronic or dance music artist. The Athens Summer Olympics in 2004 also saw Dutch trance DJ Tiesto mix during the Parade of Athletes.
UWM
Deja Vu!
medinaM5
fa rly!?
lücid
i wonder what DJ will get involved with the special olympics...
Sunsnail
yay
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by medinaM5
fa rly!?

medinaM5
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
i wonder what DJ will get involved with the special olympics...

DJ front row parking
TigerClaw
Richie is known for really trippy stuff lately, I wonder what sort of stuff is he working on, Cause this will be nationally televised all over the world.
UWM
quote:
Originally posted by lücid

Hahahaha, that will never get old.
glass
Well, I am just gonna go on record and say that is mthr fckin sheat. Be interesting to see what kind of sound he uses. The closest thing to this is when his plastikman - consumed album was used as a backdrop for an abstract art(I love to listen to this album on my stuck inside myself days). Can't wait to see what the sound is.

glass
quote:
Originally posted by TigerClaw
Richie is known for really trippy stuff lately, I wonder what sort of stuff is he working on, Cause this will be nationally televised all over the world.

lately?
Lepanto
DE9: Transitions

A W E S O M E.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement