return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Is this mixer worth $650 CDN?
View this Thread in Original format
Pasta
I'm sure this thread could be helpful for a little while since people are always looking at mixers.

Anyways, I can't really decide on a mixer. I decided to wait until I could spend more money on something better.

How does everyone feel about an Allen & Heath Xone:32? :conf:



And what other mixers should I look at in this price range if you disagree with this one...?
Vlad
Allen and Heath makes the best mixers out there. Personally, Im not too crazy about the 32.

See what you could get a Vestax PCV-275 for, its a great mixer and it might leave you with some left over money. But 650CDN is a pretty good deal for this mixer - in the US that mixer would run us about $700 ($800CDN), just make sure youre getting it from someplace reputable.
tvmann
I know a guy who spent about Cdn$1100 on that mixer and he likes it a lot. But he doesn't like the gain knobs that are on the top edge with the connector jacks, they're sort of hidden and not as accessible as with other mixers.
Pinokio
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Allen and Heath makes the best mixers out there. Personally, Im not too crazy about the 32.

See what you could get a Vestax PCV-275 for, its a great mixer and it might leave you with some left over money. But 650CDN is a pretty good deal for this mixer - in the US that mixer would run us about $700 ($800CDN), just make sure youre getting it from someplace reputable.


I got a Vestax Pcv-275 (Used), Mint condition for 210 American Dollars on E-bay.

With 700 American dollars, you could get a Denon x-1500, I think it will be more fun than the xone 32.
Prism
def denon dn-x15000 or vestax vmc-180 not PCV-275 it's been discontinued and replaces by vmc-180 or so I read
chewymatty
Allen and Heath makes the best mixers hands down.

I can't believe you guys are comparing this mixer to a Vestax.

Comeon'

~chewy
Vlad
quote:
Originally posted by chewymatty
Allen and Heath makes the best mixers hands down.

I can't believe you guys are comparing this mixer to a Vestax.

Comeon'

~chewy



Where do you see us comparing the 2? I was just suggesting a cheaper alternative, granted A&H makes the best sounding mixers... there are mixers out there that he could get alot more use out of.

Just for the record 650CDN is $567.59 USD.
Mr. Tippy
Ecler Nuo 3

Pasta
A Denon X1500 is what I really want, but is way out of my price range at the moment.
punjabi
the xone:32 is my next mixer. how can you say no to those filters? and the A&H quality?

Vlad
quote:
Originally posted by Pasta
A Denon X1500 is what I really want, but is way out of my price range at the moment.



Save money than. If not, you could probably get away with buying that mixer, and than reselling it for more and make alittle profit out of it.
djshtr
the xone 32 is ideally what I want, but the layout makes it hard to switch the middle channels between line and phono. For some rason they placed it on the back(???) of the mixer?

Why not consider the Numark 5000FX instead? It is the same price, but gives you all the digital toys like sampling, looping, filters, echo, etc...

Another idea is take a lower end 3 channel mixer (not A&H obviously) and invest $200-$300 in an external effects unit. eg a used EFX500 or the Kaoss pad..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement