return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

What soundcard do you use/reccomend for Ableton?
View this Thread in Original format
discobiscuit
I'm gonna purchase Ableton live 5 soon and was just wondering what soundcard you guys are using/reccomend.

thanks,
bisco
St. Michael
I recommend anything suitable in size for your application made by MOTU. I have the 896HD. Also good are the traveller and 828MKII. MOTU soundcards and drivers are very reliable as opposed to many of the other solutions out there such as M-Audio. The only two brands I would rely on for live sound are MOTU and Apogee. Trial and lots of manufacturer error discovered in the process have brought me to this firm conclusion. MOTU and Apogee obviously research their products before they release them. Other manufacturers tend to let you do the painstaking research for them. You get what you pay for is the old adage that applies to soundcards and reliability for live performances and quality results.
IKKI-ZUVK
quote:
Originally posted by discobiscuit
I'm gonna purchase Ableton live 5 soon and was just wondering what soundcard you guys are using/reccomend.

thanks,
bisco

What would be be using it for?
Vero
yea, Motu is AWESOME but pricy. most of their stuff is 8x8 or more (meaning 8 analog ins and 8 outs). I use a M-audio firewire 410. i would prefer something with at least 4 ins, but right now it does the job.

if you are looking at the Motu stuff and are gonna be using it with a laptop i would recomend the traveller since it is bus powered and you wont need external power for it. i think all of the m-audio stuff is bus powered, i know my 410 is.
St. Michael
quote:
if you are looking at the Motu stuff and are gonna be using it with a laptop i would recomend the traveller since it is bus powered and you wont need external power for it.

Great point!
discobiscuit
quote:
Originally posted by IKKI-ZUVK
What would be be using it for?

i'd be using it like an instrument ~ jamming w/ my friends band, remixing tracks, and creating my own...

thanks for all the imput guys ~ i'm gonna go look into those soundcards.. i'm sure i'll b back w/ some more questions lol

bisco
discobiscuit
what about this: MOTU MIDI Express XT USB MIDI

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTU-MIDI-Expre...1QQcmdZViewItem
discobiscuit
i dont think i have the money for those...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement