return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Will this set-up work?
View this Thread in Original format
_Ocean_Drive_
I'm hoping that one you knowledgable people out there will be able to answer my question!

I am going to be 'DJing' with my laptop and Traktor. My laptop just has one stanard phono head socket. With one phono to aux cable, will I be able to connect my laptop up to this mixer and make use of the controls on it and set it to work WITH Traktor, and will I need more than one phono to aux cable?

Many thanks in advance
Danila
you will be able to get the traktor out on the channel and EQ it and stuff. But when you turn the EQ know it wont turn IN traktor you will just EQ the sound coming out of your PC. If you get mutliple output card you can connect each output to the line input on your mixer and use your mixer and traktor as your 2 decks.

If you want to be able to stop music and make it go faster with external you neeed a MIDI controller.
Low Profile
You can't actually use the mixer to "control" Traktor, what you do when using Traktor with an external mixer is that you disable the built-in virtual mixer in Traktor and use the Laptop like a dual CD player. You will, however, need a soundcard with 2 stereo outputs to use Traktor since you have 2 channels of audio (you have 2 decks, each one needs it's own stereo channel, not right?). You can use only one stereo out, but then each deck will be in mono (Deck 1 will be left channel of stereo out, Deck 2 is right).

If you want to control the decks in Traktor withour using your mouse you'll need a midi controller. I'm using a Behringer BCF2000 with good results, but you can also get controllers specifically customized for DJ work (like the Hercules DJ controller)
superglo
as the other 2 posters above me said,
you'll need a multichannel soundcard.
i'm running a traktor 2.5 with m-audio quattro usb connect to a 3 channel mixer.
mzvirbulis
im not sure but some usb mixers will have functions that will be able to control traktor and them kind of things?

not sure how they go though?
Trogdor
quote:
Originally posted by mzvirbulis
im not sure but some usb mixers will have functions that will be able to control traktor and them kind of things?
At this point, just the Ecler Nuo4 and the Allen & Heath Xone:3D can control Traktor.
Abhay
quote:
Originally posted by _Ocean_Drive_
I'm hoping that one you knowledgable people out there will be able to answer my question!

I am going to be 'DJing' with my laptop and Traktor. My laptop just has one stanard phono head socket. With one phono to aux cable, will I be able to connect my laptop up to this mixer and make use of the controls on it and set it to work WITH Traktor, and will I need more than one phono to aux cable?

Many thanks in advance

I think some programs allow you to use a stereo splitter.

What this means is that you can split the stereo signal into left and right. left goes to one channel in your mixer, the right goes to the other.

this means that you only get mono sound, but atleast you can use both channels on your mixer, and make mixes. the only thing you really loose is the sound quality, and special effects.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement