return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Two guys murder author of Curious George
View this Thread in Original format
Perfect_Cheezit
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060209...ime_shalleck_dc

quote:
By Barbara Liston 47 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - Two men have been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Alan J. Shalleck, 76, who co-wrote "Curious George" books and helped bring the very curious little monkey to television.

Rex Spears Ditto, 29, and Vincent Puglisi, 54, were arrested shortly before midnight on Wednesday and confessed to a home invasion, murder and robbery of Shalleck, Sgt. Gladys Cannon of the Boynton Beach police said on Thursday.

Shalleck's bloodied body was discovered on Tuesday under a pile of plastic garbage bags in a driveway at Royal Manor Estates by a maintenance supervisor who went to haul away what appeared to be a pile of trash, police said.

The body may have been in the driveway for more than a day. Crime scene investigators found stab wounds and, once inside the home, several pools of blood leading to the master bathroom which was splattered with blood. Investigators found several knives and broken glass in the house.

Ditto and Puglisi made full confessions, according to Cannon, who said the men robbed Shalleck of jewelry and money from his checking account. Charges include first-degree murder, armed home invasion, aggravated battery of a person 65 years or older, and dealing in stolen property.

Shalleck began his collaboration with "Curious George" co-creator Margaret Rey nearly three decades ago, helping write sequels to the stories Rey originally produced with her late husband H.A. Rey and bringing the monkey to television.

Shalleck's death came just days before a big-screen version of "Curious George" debuts in movie theaters on Friday.

I ing hate Florida. I used to live in Orlando, and if you don't have bums raping people in the jungle or hot ass teachers sleeping with 10 year olds, you have guys murdering Curious George authors. ing lame IMO.
Swamper
Wow, that is ed.
Boomer187
sounds like a robbery gone bad, I don't think their aim was to kill the author of curious george. but I may be wrong.
Demoted
:(

Semi-ironic that the movie comes out tomorrow.
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
sounds like a robbery gone bad, I don't think their aim was to kill the author of curious george. but I may be wrong.

Yeah. Still massively ed-up, though.

:(
Ygrene
Man I hate hearing things like this. The guy was 76. How difficult is it for two men, that are 22 and 47 years younger, to subdue a man that age? They needed to stab him?

I hope anvils fall on their heads. :mad:
lücid
ed up . :(
EriK_V
what bastards
kid nyce
thats ed up...seriously...
Sunsnail
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187

yeah first degree murder

MarkT
evacuate the TAs and snowbirds...then nuke Florida.
mfdoom
maybe this will increase movie sales!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement