return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

100 top dj's list my arse
View this Thread in Original format
sigmarius-7
hey fellow-addicts check this list i scooped on a site called trance-port, i'd mistaken the site for a site actually dedicated to trance and related (i think names marked with an "X" should covered the first 16 places

1. John Digweed
2. Sasha
3. Danny Tenaglia
4. Paul Van Dyk X
5. Paul Oakenfold
6. DJ Tiesto X
7. Carl Cox X
8. Mauro Picotto X
9. Steve Lawler
10. Deep Dish
11. Judge Jules should'nt even be on this list
12. Danny Howells
13. Roger Sanchez
14. Erick Morillo
15. Sander Kleinenberg
16. Fergie
17. Dave Seaman
18. Tall Paul X
19. Ferry Corsten X
20. Seb Fontaine
21. Fatboy Slim
22. Richie Hawtin
23. Max Graham
24. Timo Maas
25. Danny Rampling
26. Dave Clarke X
27. Armin van Buuren X
28. Nick Warren
29. Lee Burridge
30. Darren Emerson
31. Andy C
32. Lisa Lashes
33. Anthony Pappa
34. Masters At Work
35. Pete Tong
36. Derrick Carter
37. Norman Jay
38. Scott Bond
39. Jimmy van M
40. Bad Boy Bill
41. Anne Savage
42. John Kelly
43. Guy Ornadel
44. Christopher Lawrence
45. David Morales
46. DJ Dan
47. Laurent Garnier X
48. Sister Bliss
49. John 00 Fleming X
50. Hernan Cattaneo
51. Jeff Mills
52. BK X
53. Sven Vath X
54. Mario Piu X
55. Lottie
56. Donald Glaude
57. Mark Farina
58. JFK
59. Adam Freeland
60. DJ Hype
61. LTJ Bukem
62. Yousef
63. Dieselboy
64. Dave Pearce
65. Andy Farley
66. Plump DJs
67. Lisa Pin-Up
68. Tidy Boys
69. Dave Lee
70. Ashley Casselle
71. Kraft Kuts
72. DJ Sneak
73. John Pleased
74. Nick Sentience X
75. Chris Liberator
76. BT
77. Armand van Helden
78. Stonebridge
79. Tony Humphries
80. Steve Thomas
81. Justin Robertson
82. Joe Claussell
83. Brandon Block
84. Mr Scruff
85. Marco V
86. Craig Richards
87. Matt Hardwick
88. Grooverider
89. Chemical Brothers
90. Francois K
91. Jon Carter
92. X-Press 2
93. Graham Gold
94. Parks & Wilson
95. Frankie Knuckles
96. Basement Jaxx
97. Fabio
98. Gigi D'Agostino X
99. Doc Martin
100. Slam :eyes: :toothless
Spad
That looks like the list compiled by DJ Magazine last year. To be honest I don't think it's all that bad. It's not supposed to be a list of Trance DJ's so it's good to see so many DJ's I like up at the top of the list.

There are some unfortunate entries. Scott Bond should be a lot higher up the list (but then it's partly his own fault, maybe if he left gatecrasher once in a while.... :p) as should John Kelly & Marco V. AvB's done pretty well to get where he is and next year I reckon he'll be even higher.
Kia Kaha
Yeah that's the DJMag top 100 ... allegedly voted for by their readers ... but I reckon the DJMag editorial people have got their tongue so far up the ass of Global Underground they could probably lick Digweed's ear from the inside ... a GU DJ has won it every year since forever.
Spad
quote:
Originally posted by Kia Kaha
Yeah that's the DJMag top 100 ... allegedly voted for by their readers ... but I reckon the DJMag editorial people have got their tongue so far up the ass of Global Underground they could probably lick Digweed's ear from the inside ... a GU DJ has won it every year since forever.

Or you could argue that GU only pick top DJ's for their CD's :) Face it, the GU sound is pretty big in this country and the readers of DJ Magazine represent a wider spectrum of tastes than the users of this site. I got nothing against Sasha or Digweed anyways. No offence to anybody else by they've done more for trance and dance music in general than a lot of others. I mean I like Tiesto a lot, but 6th best DJ in the world?
flystyler
I just bought GATECRASHER = EXPERIENCE, oh and great another jj hater, they r all comming out the woodwork now :confused:
sigmarius-7
:D hey guyz, im not accusing anybody of and im certainly not myself 'player hating like' PUFF daddy likes to clame (sorry just phuning) but really i like trance,techno(not including the 4 kickdrum per 280 bpm soundz/ sorry, all u hard headz from helter skeltah(spelling?) but thats too hard) anyway yes d&b, hiphop...trance and hard dance rulez but thats my opinion, but yeah im nt dissing most guyz on that list and yeahh maybe the list is right as far as per head per music votes per dj's blah blah blah is concerned.

i dont think its somethin what can be calculated across the board like that. i attempted to correct the list, impossible! unless u only like one direction of music but than u biased. thats my point how can whoever compiled say they are the top 100 dj's in england. did they get they info from the census? no, from some readers of some poxy mag, what about folks like me who find it pointless purchasing a mag when u got the net.for music anyway.that list stinks and the claim stinks but than again each to their own.

ps: i like the gu series, got 13 of 'em yeahh they alright some crappy some good, it depends more on the choice of sound with that prog hse. i advise u guys check or download gu sander kleinenberg and steve lawler, i think it runs under nubreed. those tracks bomb ur speakers (i admit nothing compare to goo'ol' hard dance set but still). another one is jd los angeles 019 cd2, stick the middle of the cd on and crank the vol as far right as u can,u will begin to believe u got one of the old zeppelin airships roaring over ur yard.:eyes:
DJ_D|ABL0_
I think just the fact you havent included Oakie in your top 10 says something. 1999 - The year of trance - who was the worlds #1 DJ I ask? Well - as I ask, it was Paul Oakenfold.

I think he definately deserves to stay in the T10 purely because he is a legend. I agree with everything everybody says tho - If you go the World DJ championships in London (where they do some **real** DJ trickery), you'll see a bunch of amazing no-named DJs. Should they not be mentioned rather than people like #64 Dave Pearce who has never produced / mixed / remixed anything and plays pure "drive time cheese"?
flystyler
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_D|ABL0_
rather than people like #64 Dave Pearce who has never produced / mixed / remixed anything and plays pure "drive time cheese"?

Umm i think he has produced some stuff, i heard he wasd behind dirt devils - the drill. But to be fair these un named djs are not djs who have have thousands of people regularly through a musical story, although a lot of the people on the list havent eaither, oh well my argument falls on its arse far to quickly. LOL
DJ_D|ABL0_
quote:
he wasd behind dirt devils - the drill

Ok I didnt know that - but still, I think my point was still valid about the other DJs :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement