return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Help hooking up this set-up
View this Thread in Original format
Shook1
I have been procrastinating on setting this up for quite some time so i was hoping some1 could help me see if this set-up is possible:

I am looking to hookup my turntables as normal (into the mixer) and i'm also looking into having my master out of my mixer go to the record-in of my MPC 2000xl .....i have no problems with that.

But, instead of me having to switch cables, i'm looking to have the set-up above but ALSO have the OUT on my MPC 2000xl go back to one of the Line Inputs on the mixer again.

So technically, i'm trying to be able to sample into my MPC when I make beats and ALSO be able to switch my mixer to a Line-IN and be able to play samples off the MPC when i'm doing a DJ set without having to switch cables back and forth when i'm playing out. I'm just seeing if anyone knows if this can be done without starting a fire or having a constant buzz because I cant IN & OUT into the same hardware. Picture below:

Any help is appreciated....
djdk
i take it your mixer doesnt have send and return capabilities? There may be buzzing i guess, but im not sure. Why dont you just try it and see, surely its just a case of buying an extra RCA cable if you dont already have one?
Shook1
quote:
Originally posted by djdk
i take it your mixer doesnt have send and return capabilities? There may be buzzing i guess, but im not sure. Why dont you just try it and see, surely its just a case of buying an extra RCA cable if you dont already have one?

i dont think it has send/return capabilities......i have a VESTAX 06 PRO mixer.

Again, i do not mix trance, house, techno, or the likes....str8 hiphop (yeah, yeah, I know :toothless )
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement