return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

MY Custom CDJ-1000 Stands
View this Thread in Original format
Orbital32
This weekend i built a tempoary DJ table, but wanted raised CDJ's. I thought of the concept about a few months ago. In my mind it thought it would work, but in reality i wasn't sure about the pipes. MAN ITS DOPE!. looks alot better then sefours i truly belive. This is pretty easy to make....if you have tools. seeing that the only thing i owned was a automatic screwdriver and a hammer. I had to buy the tools. Sorry i didn't take pics through out the whole process, i didn't have a camera to use at the time.

items needed to make 1 stand:
2 x toliet bowel flangers
1 x 3" stright pipe
1 x 22.5 degree bend pipe
8 x 1/4 (1 1/2" length) screws /nuts
2 x 1/4 (1" length)
2 x 3 1/2" L brackets
4 x 3/8 (1" in length) screws /nuts
1 x wood cut to size of CD Player
1 x non-slip mat (can be found in the kitchen section)
2 x 8" construction bracket for support underneath the table.

tools required:
screwdriver
drill with 3/8 bit, 1/4 bit/ and 1/2 bit
saw

hopefully the pics will show you the directions!
****NOTE: THE PICS MAKE THE TUBES LOOK LIKE CRAP!!! IN LIFE THEY DO NOT!! The flash brings up all the belemishes that you can't see in life.***************

djkoolaide
Wow, that's badass :)
superglo
very nice m8.
you could drill a hole in the wood so your cables from the cdj can go thru the piping, come out under the table then back out to the mixer.
then you wont have them dangling there like they are now.
just an idea though.
Orbital32
I thoought about cutting the the pipe but it turned out to be pretty damn hard to do, so i just left good enought to do. I guess if i had a big clamp it would be easier. Right now the things slip...if even just a little and i don't want to screw it up.
superglo
wont a lil ledge on the bottom edge to the wooden platform solve the slipping problem ?
Orbital32
oh sorry, i wasn't clear in the above post. Nothing slips right now, actually i got nonslip matting between the flange and the wood. I mean when i attempted to cut a hole in the pipe to hide the wire in the pipe, the pipe kept slipping. i was a huge pain. If i had tools, it might be a hell of alot easier!
i got big pants
looks really nice. thinking about making those myself right now. about how long did it take you to finish the whole build of them?
Orbital32
well the hardest part was getting all the parts and running back and forth to the hardware. It took me a day and a half, but if you don't count staining the wood, which i did the first coat overnight, then got impatient did the next layer of black stain with a portable heater next to it.

If i had all the tools, ie saw, drill, with the bits, i can probably do it about 1.5 hrs.
Xtracktor
Wow! Awesome setup and those stands look great! If I ever graduate from the dorms, I'd be sure to try and attempt the same :)
Freak
looks good
see 'show your setup thread' for my custom ones.
Absolute rip off for the ones in the stores- for what amounts to a glorified speaker stand

aleksd
Awesome man, they look good and I'm sure you saved a load of money. I'm sure it's a great feeling to accomplish building something useful while saving some cash for other things.
tvmann
An alternative to the plastic pipe fittings is 1/2 inch steel water or gas pipe, available in various short threaded lengths, and a couple of flange fittings. However it would be necessary to have the pipe bent to get the proper CD deck angle, or use an angled wood or metal base adapter block to get the angle.

Here is the base of my one-leg laptop DJ table which shows the steel pipe & flange fitting:

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement