return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Schapovaal - Why did you f*ck my sofa? (March 2006 Promo).
View this Thread in Original format
Aristronica
on yousendit.com as usual.

Schapovaal - March 2006 Promo [LINK]

I mixed with a friend so the end is kinda abrupt since I had to cut it before his song, there might be remnants of Timo Maas - Pictures (Evil Nine Remix) which is where he started mixing.

Hopefully the sound quality is better than the last time too. As always please enjoy.

Tracklist -
1. Remy - Nasty Ho
2. Frank Beckers - Fake (Original Mix)
3. Kriece & Basek - Submission
4. Spektrum - Kinda New (Tiefschwarz Dub Mix)
5. Chris Lake - Changes (Dub Funk Mix)
6. Perry O'Neil - Get Out Of My Sofa
7. Can Costa & Kosmas Epsilon - Che Malakita (D-Nox & Beckers Remix)
8. Probspot - Game Over
9. Tiesto - Traffic (Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
10. Steven S & Nukem - Dick Is The Brain (Crazy Mix)

Hooray for you if you comment.
Daniel K
had a listen....interesting as i see you like to incorporate stuff like probspot in with stuff like teifschwarz... sounded pretty solid but wasn't an intent listen.... right o dennis

ps. a hole in your bed
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel K
had a listen....interesting as i see you like to incorporate stuff like probspot in with stuff like teifschwarz... sounded pretty solid but wasn't an intent listen.... right o dennis

ps. a hole in your bed

yeah this was pretty much a warm-up set for me, but i liked the rang of music covered so i figured i'd edit it and post it up... see what people say.
Aristronica
is it offensive or something???

the last one got a much bigger response.
wolverine16
Hey Dennis, I'll try to listen this weekend and give you some feedback :)
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine16
Hey Dennis, I'll try to listen this weekend and give you some feedback :)

yay!! i know we all don't have as much time as we used to and with so many other good artists out there. all i'm asking for is an hour in the car or something with decent feedback so i can grow as a dj
wolverine16
Dennis, sorry for the late review, but it was a rough weekend and I had a final today, but just gave your set a listen. Overall I thought it was pretty good and pretty solid mixing, a few minor adjustments near the beginning I noticed, but nothing that obvious especially since I listened while wearing headphones :)

I really liked the style you had going for the better part of the first half, with the middle tracks being my favorite, and thought you had especially good transitions between Beckers & Submission and later between Spektrum & Chris Lake. Also liked Che Malakita a lot and had a nice buildup through Probspot. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the slowdown with Traffic, which seemed to bring everything almost to a halt before bring it back up with the last song.

All in all nice use of a diverse set of tracks and shows you really put some thought into your sets. Unfortunately the CD use had given me of one of your earlier demos (I believe @ Blank & Jones last year) didn't work in my CD player so I don't have a reference point to your previous work, but I hope my somewhat vague review helps :)
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine16
Dennis, sorry for the late review, but it was a rough weekend and I had a final today, but just gave your set a listen. Overall I thought it was pretty good and pretty solid mixing, a few minor adjustments near the beginning I noticed, but nothing that obvious especially since I listened while wearing headphones :)

I really liked the style you had going for the better part of the first half, with the middle tracks being my favorite, and thought you had especially good transitions between Beckers & Submission and later between Spektrum & Chris Lake. Also liked Che Malakita a lot and had a nice buildup through Probspot. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the slowdown with Traffic, which seemed to bring everything almost to a halt before bring it back up with the last song.

All in all nice use of a diverse set of tracks and shows you really put some thought into your sets. Unfortunately the CD use had given me of one of your earlier demos (I believe @ Blank & Jones last year) didn't work in my CD player so I don't have a reference point to your previous work, but I hope my somewhat vague review helps :)

great review, yeah i dunno why i dropped traffic in there, it's an older track but i just got it and was all excited and just decided to pop it in there, plus it gave me an excuse to bring in a harder bass track afterwards.
I guess when I mix my biggest thing is the bass structure of the song and how it moves into the next track. That's how I build such a genre variety because I don't focus on the style of the song as long as the bassline/drums match.
Aristronica
link refreshed if anyone cares... will be up for another week then i'll start work on something fun for April.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement