return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 
UFC 58 - USA vs. Canada
View this Thread in Original format
Carney
Great UFC this saturday
USA vs Canada - Go Canada

Fight Card... http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Eve...ghtCard&eid=156

I like both Franklin and Loiseau, but Franklin will kick his ass i think.
Also im really excited about the Penn vs. St. Pierre fight. I hope Pierre will kick some serious ass, i think this will be one of the fights of the year:cool: :cool: :cool: :crazy:

anyone else watching it???:conf:
Adamo
I will be and i agree with you, franklin will destroy and then we'll get some redemption by watching St.Pierre shank Penn. Should be a great event to watch.
EvilTree
Agreed that St.Pierre will destroy Penn.

Dunno about Loiseau vs Franklin. Yeah, Franklin is awesome, but Loiseau is pretty damn good, esp. his elbows that comes out of nowhere.

Hope Mike Swick does well. He's got heart.
MarkT
hell yeah.

St. Pierre should *destroy* Penn. Penn is a great fighter...but I think he beat Hughes mainly because Hughes completely dismissed and underestimated him...no excuse, Penn won...but I bet Penn doesn't even want another piece of Hughes.

Anyone watch the preview last night? I think Hughes stated that while he feels St. Pierre is definitely the better of the two, is hoping for Penn to win so that he can avenge the loss rather than fight St. Pierre again (who he beat before).

Personally, while I'd like to see Hughes avenge that loss to Penn (and I think he easily would), I think I'd rather see another Hughes/St. Pierre fight...should be a lot more competitive this time around.

I think Franklin will soundly beat Loiseau too...I like both fighters a lot, but can't see Frankling going down to him. Louiseau was embarassed by Jeremy Horn a little while back...ty loss.

Sam Stout and Mark Hominick are both really fun to watch too...I hope they both do well. Swick/Vigneault should be a good one too!

After this...I'm looking forward to Matt Hughes thumping Royce Gracie ;) Then it's time for some of the UFC guys (Hughes, Franklin, St. Pierre, Orlovsky, etc) get over to Pride so we can see some *real* fights :)
Euphorica
St.Peirre FTW
nusty
you bet I'm watching this! :D

Can't wait.

They should have put ivan salaverry in the matches though somewhere representing toronto.
ghetto_fab
K guys. these are my predictions on whos going to win.

Franklin vs Loiseau It will be (loiseau)

Georges St. Pierre vs BJ penn. you will hate me as much as I like st pierre Penns going to take this one. (BJ penn)

Joe Doerksen vs Nate Marquardt hands down (nate marquardt.)

(Mike swick) will be beating Steve Vigneault

Yves Edwardsvs vs Mark Hominick (yves) will be winning.

Tom Murphy vs Christophe Midoux (christophe midoux) will win it.

Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout (sam stout) will win.
neuromancer
i will put my money on Franklin and BJ eeeeeeeeeasy!
Moonshine_x
I've trained for years and I have friends that have trained with both BJ and St. Pierre and when I carefully look at how these two match up I have to go for St. Pierre.

BJ Penn knows that to win he needs to put Georges on his back. Once there he has a good chance of passing, taking the back and submitting St. Pierre with a choke. At the very least he can neutralize him but puttin ghim on his back.

The only problem is that its going to be very difficult for BJ to do that. If he can take St. Pierre down more than once or early in a round, then he's the man and has a good chance of winning.

But I honestly see BJ not matching up well against St. Pierre's movement, sprawl, straight shots and just crazy athleticism.

This is all coming from someone who is a huge BJ FAN and who believes that he is pound for pound among the worlds top 5 for sure, if not higher.

I'm gonna risk it and pick Loiseau over Fraklin on the hunch that is going to display the better striking game tonight.

Yves will will easily..I dont really care for the rest of the card...they are not that good with the exception of Joe Doerksen vs Nate Marquardt who are very skilled.
nusty
quote:
Originally posted by Moonshine_x
I've trained for years and I have friends that have trained with both BJ and St. Pierre and when I carefully look at how these two match up I have to go for St. Pierre.

BJ Penn knows that to win he needs to put Georges on his back. Once there he has a good chance of passing, taking the back and submitting St. Pierre with a choke. At the very least he can neutralize him but puttin ghim on his back.

The only problem is that its going to be very difficult for BJ to do that. If he can take St. Pierre down more than once or early in a round, then he's the man and has a good chance of winning.

But I honestly see BJ not matching up well against St. Pierre's movement, sprawl, straight shots and just crazy athleticism.

This is all coming from someone who is a huge BJ FAN and who believes that he is pound for pound among the worlds top 5 for sure, if not higher.

I'm gonna risk it and pick Loiseau over Fraklin on the hunch that is going to display the better striking game tonight.

Yves will will easily..I dont really care for the rest of the card...they are not that good with the exception of Joe Doerksen vs Nate Marquardt who are very skilled.

my thoughts almost 100%. but even on his back St. Pierre is good enough to get by and can fend off rear naked chokes pretty easily. I don't see Penn as being able to deliver enough pain per pound to make st. pierre uncomfortable.

nusty
btw: only a few hours to go! weeeeee.
Carney
quote:
Originally posted by nusty
btw: only a few hours to go! weeeeee.

hell yea cant wait

also Midoux pulled out cause of injury and is being replaced by Larenas
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement