return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
What if they dont like it?
View this Thread in Original format
OhJoshPlenty
Im going to be hosting a party at my place once i finsh up my basement and once i get better at mixing. Im still in high school and i know that barly anybody really like the type of music i do. The thing is that i dont know if anyone will dance and really get into it or jsut stand around. Everyoen jsut like rap and popy song u hear on open house party and such. but i also think that most people really havnt ever heard of most of this music and maybe will really dig it and get into it. so ya with that said do you think it will go over well?
LiGHT78
If they get drunk enough, they'll like anything you play....

Besides, if they don't like house music they aren't worthy of being in your house anyway.
washout
your plan is a failure.
DigitalMP
If you play EDM at a party, especially for teens, and they don't like EDM, your party will suck and you'll lose friends.
RapidFire
dont worry about it. if its just a house party people wont really care about the music in the background. my friend has hosted a bunch of parties and we blasted trance everytime to a house full of rockers and no one had a problem with it.

Infact Im hosting my b-day party this week and Ill be blasting some of mine and my friends mixes and if anyone gives me lip theyre getting their asses thrown out :toothless
Allied Nations
We used to throw backyard massives.. :p (about 200 ish people) and me and my buddies would spin all night.. sometimes people complained, and sometimes we threw on a little bit of hip hop, most of the time we told them to off. :) Luckily there was enough party favors to keep everyone happy. :p
SuspicionVandit
karaoke never gets old
D-res
dont play trance. i like the stuff but i think its a killer at parties.

play something deep and foreboding with thick basslines. its especially good if its got samples in it. not necessarily lyrics but samples from movies or something, especially if they recognize it. and keep the volume high but not so high you cant talk over it. if all else fails and you dont feel like playing lil jon or 50 cent, just go for something with a good breakbeat or good deep remixes of current popular tunes. i would just personally stay away from anythign melodic and uplifting as they'll instantly associate it with drugs and homosexuality
dOgMa55
Look at my title. PLAY SENSASTION BLACK. it has kick ass samples phat beats and americans can all dig.

friend of mine threw a huge house party and was playing, Trance , Breaks
and drum n bass. It was all good for like 3 hours. THen some rednexk ass ppl showed up

One of em screamed "Who the actually listens to this ".

It was funny because my whole crew was like "This is ALL we listen to. He backed down and the music continued. No one else said one damn word about changing it.

Moral of the story...if your friends are rednecks or hill billies dont play it. Most other people at a party drunk or drugged will have fun and find it interesting.

Stay away from female vocal stuff.
washout
quote:
Originally posted by dOgMa55
Look at my title. PLAY SENSASTION BLACK. it has kick ass samples phat beats and americans can all dig.

friend of mine threw a huge house party and was playing, Trance , Breaks
and drum n bass. It was all good for like 3 hours. THen some rednexk ass ppl showed up

One of em screamed "Who the actually listens to this ".

It was funny because my whole crew was like "This is ALL we listen to. He backed down and the music continued. No one else said one damn word about changing it.

Moral of the story...if your friends are rednecks or hill billies dont play it. Most other people at a party drunk or drugged will have fun and find it interesting.

Stay away from female vocal stuff.

id call myself southern before id call myself a redneck.
but i around rednecks all day and fit in fine.
in fact i love me a redneck bar better than a club.
in any case, your right lol.
we dont like "techno" of any kind.
of course i am the exception.

SlickT
we used to always have trance playing. some people complained,others didn't. if they complained we didn't give a damn,but we also played hip hop,rap too. just make sure there's alcohol and no will care. i would say play house/breaks instead people seem to be able to get into that easier than trance. no sappy vocal tracks.
Munchy
Store a bag of rufies near your decks... They'll for sure like it after you spike the punch.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement