return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Licesnsing mp3s thingy?
View this Thread in Original format
BTG
Ok, so these mp3s are ripped right from cd, and winamp dones't play them because of licesnsing issues and what not...so wtf? how do i get around it?

i tried downloading an old version of winamp, it doesn't work. i tried remkaing the mp3, and it wont let me ...so now i duno wtf to do D:
Purple
wtf

What kind of Winamp is that?

Is it in newer versions?

I rip CDs all the time but never got that problem.

Get Apollo, better sound quality and no such frills.
Jim
Did you rip them with WMP? If so just play them in WMP first and get the license. You should be able to play them on winamp after that.
ShadoWolf
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
Ok, so these mp3s are ripped right from cd, and winamp dones't play them because of licesnsing issues and what not...so wtf? how do i get around it?

i tried downloading an old version of winamp, it doesn't work. i tried remkaing the mp3, and it wont let me ...so now i duno wtf to do D:

The real lesson here is not to buy CD's.

Record companies take note.
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by BTG

What the hell have you done? There are no licencing issues with mp3s.
igottaknow
did you try saving it as a midi?
Purple
lol

What do Winamp expects us to do? Open the CD Rom every time and change CDs everytime we want to hear different artist!
Ojay
quote:
Originally posted by BTG

That rather sounds like one of the Sony 'root kits' controlling your computer. Or like a destroyed file being victim of some kind "copy protection" in general...

Try to rip the CD again, at the lowest possible speed. Maybe that helps...
LiGHT78
Nice, something told me I shouldn't download the new Winamp.

Thanks for the heads up.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement