return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
So I got my TA shirt in the mail...
View this Thread in Original format
Magnus
This shirt here to be exact:

I bought it to wear at Ultra in the hopes of maybe meeting some fellow TAs. Anyways, I put it on to see how it fit and my wife starts dying laughing. I'm like WTF is so funny? She says it says OMGWTFBBQ on the back. I had no idea. Its very light and hardly visible so when I was buying the shirt, I didn't even notice this. I think its funny personally but my question is where and how did the OMGWTFBBQ thing start? Inside joke? I did some searching, but really couldn't find anything.
DJ Cinos
It's not originating from TA - though I don't know where either. It's just a play on the way people speak in abbreviations on the net.
Allied Nations

OMGWTFBBQ
THE_Chris
OMGWTFBBQ comes from Somethingawful.com, as far as I know :)
mezzir
quote:
Originally posted by THE_Chris
OMGWTFBBQ comes from Somethingawful.com, as far as I know :)

yup, it does
ryan 'omgwtfbbq' adams
weymouth
I bought a TA shirt a few years ago, washed it once and it shrunk two sizes.
::TranceVanDyk::
there will be a TA meetup HERE

and the omgwtfbbq, is a way of making fun of 1337ness of the internet. omg, and wtf, and lol, are so overused that somebody came up with the addon bbq as a way to humorously make fun of the 1337ness.
Swamper
quote:
Originally posted by Magnus
This shirt here to be exact:

I bought it to wear at Ultra in the hopes of maybe meeting some fellow TAs. Anyways, I put it on to see how it fit and my wife starts dying laughing. I'm like WTF is so funny? She says it says OMGWTFBBQ on the back. I had no idea. Its very light and hardly visible so when I was buying the shirt, I didn't even notice this. I think its funny personally but my question is where and how did the OMGWTFBBQ thing start? Inside joke? I did some searching, but really couldn't find anything.

That's not a shirt I sell - please send me the link where you bought this.

Thanks.
::TranceVanDyk::
to be honest, the TA shirts for sale on cafe-express are bland, boring, plain old t-shirts. a nice vintage black shirt with the TA logo emblazened across the chest would be nice. on the back would be, idunno.
house_conXion
quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
That's not a shirt I sell - please send me the link where you bought this.

Thanks.

I smell a lawsuit brewing

igottaknow
OMGWTFBBQ = :eek: :wtf: BBQ = Pwned
Swamper
quote:
Originally posted by ::TranceVanDyk::
to be honest, the TA shirts for sale on cafe-express are bland, boring, plain old t-shirts. a nice vintage black shirt with the TA logo emblazened across the chest would be nice. on the back would be, idunno.

The shirts that will be sold on the site in the summer will be on American Apparel shirts - cafepress will be there as an alternative option - but AA shirts fit MUCH better - those are the only TA ones I wear.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement