return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Happy Birthday TranceAddict.com!
View this Thread in Original format
Swamper
Happy Birthday to TranceAddict.com!

Yes - somehow 2 years have flown by - quite quickly I might add. Along the way many things have changed - trance has changed it's sound - more often bordering on other genres and harder to discern than the epic trance that was all the rage in 1999.

This site would not be what it is today were it not for the community that comes together here daily - whether it be in the forums or in the chat room. A big thanks is in order to all who have ever helped out by supplying bandwidth, uploading tracks, moderating the forums/chatroom, leaving me feedback when something was broken - but especially to those who take the time to produce the music that the majority of us would proudly claim to be addicted to. Also, to Jaydee and Hawkzone who were helping distribute Trance to the masses long before I thought of it.

A lot of things will be changed before summer - new design, new features, a ton more information, and more... I'm not just pulling this stuff out of a hat - some of it has been in the works off and on for the past 4-5 months.

Thanks to over 4+ million of you who have visited. (counter says 3.67 because it doesn't include forums...)

If you're curious what this page looked like 2 years ago - go http://www.tranceaddict.com/test/old/site_news.htm - the guestbook is still working (amazingly) although the entries are somewhat dated now - still funny to read...

:D
Juricimo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRANCeADDICT!!!;)

i didnt know it's been 2 years now!... wow...

GOOD GOING SWAMPER, AND THANX A BUNCH FOR THE SITE!!!!

>JM<
Fir3start3r
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRANCEADDICT!!!!!

Wow...:eyes: Where does 2 years go huh?
I remember that old site; even though I wasn't registered at the time. :stongue:
Love that pee gif.....lol
On a serious note, thanks Swamper and all the rest of the gang for hosting a great community!
I've learned lots about new and upcoming Trance here, that's for sure.
Even though I'm ole skool, I love the new stuff too! :cool:
It's great to be in a like-minded community where we can share music and slices of our personal selves. To be able to reach out for help/advice and to help others with some of our own experiences.
What else could you want in a forum such as this?
We are connected in our own world web we call Trance.
Like minds exchanging 0's and 1's in a celestial space through a keyboard...
Ain't it great?
Trance on brothers and sisters!!! :D
Jeff
TeKnoHe@d2025
Wow, 2 years all ready...I've been here for 1. Guess I got here right around when the site started getting pretty popular cause there are alot of Jan 2001 registered TAs.

Well keep up the excellent work Swamper and hopefully there will be many more birthdays to come :D

Happy Birthday trancEaddict!
FASTDJMP3
Happy Birthday to TranceAddict.com , which is no doubt the #1 trance community on internet . Big thanks to Swamper for the daily efforts he makes to keep this place the best one , big thanks also to all the regulars on the forums from all around the world outthere (specially those who are from Montreal , France , Florida , UK , Israel and all the other places i didn't mention) , exchanging ideas with you is great , it's the diversity that makes us the strongest . I don't want to forget those who hang out in the chat room , talking to you daily is probably the funniest thing ever .

Also many many thanks to Starf0x for helping me all the time , you are the best friend a TranceAddict can get , stay ":cool:" as you are , don't change :) "WHIP"

And finally , keep the Trance going ...

The Real Answer Never Comes Easily Almost Defying Definition It's Called Trance ...
integrity1
HAPPY BIRTHDAY trancEaddict!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

i still am glad that i stumbled across this site searching on lycos. i dont know what id do without it and all of the great tracks that all us tas share and reccomend. heres to another 2 years and many more after that!!!
Starfox
Happy Birthday
Feliz Cumpleaños
Glücklicher Geburtstag
Anniversaire Heureux
Compleanno Felice
Aniversário Feliz

:)

Good good work Swamper.

Greetings,

f0x
raver4life
Just wanted to give my personal thanks for helping my knowledge and love in trance. I've been a member for over a year now I think and it's been nothing but sweetness all the way. Much thanks goes out to you Swamper for all ur work and dedication, too many music sites have folded but ur's has kept on going and going.

Cheers and Happy 2nd Birthday EH!
Kalemic
Wow!! 2 Years! Gotta say thanks for the blood and sweat you put into the site to keep it maintained.
Thats fantastic Swamper keep up the amazing work!!!

I'm glad you posted the old site as well, I clicked and it instantly made me remember of when a friend dropped by and said "you've gotta check out the trance that a guy my friend knows put up, totally the stuff you love!" Its been bookmarked and checked on an almost daily basis since. :D
Bick
Happy Birthday trancEaddict.com

Cool, now I have a benchmark to say when I joined, hehe. Well, here's to many more years and excellent music.

Thanks for a great site.

Swamper
quote:
Originally posted by Kalemic
made me remember of when a friend dropped by and said "you've gotta check out the trance that a guy my friend knows put up, totally the stuff you love!"

Hmm... 6 degrees of separation... who is it that knows me?
djnaeblis
*sigh*.... makes me remember my first time here on TA, using my friends cable modem unbeknownst to him, to download some live sets, that i first "tranced out of"... *sigh*.....
*clap*
that is for swamper for a job beyond well done.
Without TA, i think my life would have an unfillable gap...not to get all spiritual... but its on a level of its own!!!!

THANKS SWAMP!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement