return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2006

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
WMC Pro's and Con's aka The "How was your conference?" thread. (pg. 2)
View this Thread in Original format
Clovis86
Great review RJT. Next year I'll have to go...just to say I've done WMC once...but I look forward to attenting smaller parties only because it really shows that the mega clubs just wanna make bank off a week when they know that no matter how their event, its gonna be packed.

Sasha & Digweed Boat Party, and Sasha/Fair at Glass seemed to be two of the best.
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by VisionsofPVD
Very shady on the part of Crobar. And to top it all off, someone stole one of Cox's cd books, and he was absolutely livid. I went to the dj booth to possible thank him for an awesome set but I over-heard him saying "check the garbage cans, check everything" He was actually still in the booth way after the place cleared out....I felt terrible for the guy, and almost an embarassment to the rest of us at WMC.

Funniest MOMENT of WMC: Diddy/Puffy/Daddy/P. Diddy showing up to Crobar and hanging out in the booth with Cox. Also, Diddy circling the club like he owned the damn place (maybe he does).

Pictures/Videos to be shared later....;)

Maybe Diddy decided he needed some new tunes to sample.
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis86
Great review RJT. Next year I'll have to go...just to say I've done WMC once...but I look forward to attenting smaller parties only because it really shows that the mega clubs just wanna make bank off a week when they know that no matter how their event, its gonna be packed.

Sasha & Digweed Boat Party, and Sasha/Fair at Glass seemed to be two of the best.

Yeah, we didn't go to any of the "mega" clubs at all and it was still a lil' rough... :nervous:
Orbital32
quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
PRO : Having Orbital say 'I need a pic with you.. You're famous:stongue: '

lol i wanna see the pic send it to me when u get it ;)

LOL! will do. :toothless
Renzo
The biggest con for me was hanging out with Melissa. :(

I can't stand that little girl.
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Renzo
The biggest con for me was hanging out with Melissa. :(

I can't stand that little girl.

Que terible. :o
tmft
PROS: MIAMI IS AMAZING. My first visit ever, & I'm already plotting my return. If I lived in Miami though, I think I'd be broke & jobless from partying non-stop. Though I don't know if it's always so amazing.

Pro: The absolute variety & breadth & depth of music. I live in Austin, TX, which has a culture of scarcity. If a good DJ comes through (about every 3 weeks), I go. It blew my mind to go to a club where there were 3 rooms of top notch DJS (Friday at Pawnshop: Mandy, Peaches & Bunka) or Thursday: Dekay, Markus, Armin & Mauro Piccoto of Space. & the feeling that at any time, there were probably at least 5 other clubs I could have gone to & had an equally good time.

Cons: The automatic service charges. It's not so much I mind paying $11 for a Space Fuel/Vodka at Space, or $6!! for water at Angel, but getting charged an automatic 20% service charge on top of it. Check your reciept, & make sure you're not tipping on top of a tip, like I did at Space. So you're really paying $11 for drink, & a $2.20 tip.

Pro: THE BEACH is beyond beautiful.

Con: Bartender attitude/poor service.
At Pawnshop. I was running a tab, & went back to the bar for another drink. The bartender made my redbull & vodka, then asked for the name of my bartender. "I don't remember--it was a girl, I thought it was you, she didn't say."
The bartender said "Well, until you remember her name, no drink." & put the drink behind the bar.
I stood there with a petulant look for 5 minutes til she came back & took the 10 seconds to enter my last name in the computer. This really, really pissed me off. What service is that? I know how long it takes to look up a tab.

At Angel, I tried to order a drink off the drink menu, & the bartender said he only knew how to make vodka & redbull.

Pro: Free drinks at the WMC pool party. Free breakfast at "Breakfast at Bed".

Con: getting my jacket & phone stolen at Pawnshop. I was helpless without a cell-phone to meet up with friends.

Pro: The overall friendliness of people. Everyone seemed to be in vacation mode & eager to start talking.

Con: Ultra: Totally overrated. Sound bleed. Waiting 45 minutes for a drink. Killers starting 40 minutes late. I won't go back--I much preferred the club shows.

Pro: Almost every DJ I wanted to see, THERE. I saw a 6 hour Holden set that blew me away. & if Armin disappointed, I could see Mauro Piccotto banging upstairs at Space.

Pro: Partying all night.

Pro: Best bargain in South Beach? taking the bus for $1.50 to Miami. It's fast across the causeway, & drops right at Space.

Pro: Random DJ sightings at clubs. I ducked into Viktor to get out of the Thursday rain. I was having a drink at the bar, & behind me was Oakenfold hanging out.

Things I'd do different: stay longer. Keep a closer watch on my stuff. Not go to Ultra.
dcctnycprincess
wednesday - burridge/howells at automatic slims - was 80s night so i was expecting 80s house music, but it was 80s pop music! lee shows up wearing some wig and sunglasses - didn't even recognize him when he was standing next to me! my friends and i left after about an hour and headed to the cycles party with paul wolford - good set, proggy house, but just not my thing these days - my friend sassmouth closed the show and had a banging techno set

thursday - my friends and went grocery shopping (stayed in a suite with a kitchen), beach and pool and then headed to a bbq in little havana with some miami peeps and then went to the live wrong party organized by the naughty bad fun and future collective groups of chicago and miami - great night of music! totally what wmc is about - the music, the vibe, the people - the techno heads from miami are as cool as and the dj's were all on point - punisher and sassmouth closed the night with a banging tag team set!

friday - got up late and headed to the RRR at Fairwinds and got to see nic fanciulli and mazi - the place was going nuts!!!!!! very friendly staff ;) next up was richie at BED - the venue was nice, small and intimate - except there were only 2 stalls in the women's bathroom!!! the only bad thing is that the place is so small that you can't get away from the crowd if you want to rest and relax. the club moved all of the beds out so that middle was open for dancing and the sound system was FANTASTIC - very clear with no distortions. troy pierce had a GREAT opening set - wish i had seen him in chicago a few weeks ago. richie came on and did his thing - love how he just drops that bassline in at the exact right moment. the set sort of went nowhere due to some technical difficulties - but still a very satisfying set. every single techno jock was there to support - beyer, luciano etc. and thanks to the guy who bought me a drink at the bar (don't know why - but who the hell cares?)

saturday - sleep, sleep and more sleep, met up with my friend from finland for dinner and some shopping - headed to IO lounge to see chris liebing and adam beyer around 1 am - beyer was a no-show, but liebing - i had never seen him before, but he had me dancing almost all night - which came back to bite me in the butt....because....

sunday - SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR DEGENERATES!!!!!!!!!!! this was hands down IN FANTASTIC PARTY OF WMC!!!!!!!!! loco dice, luciano and richie (who wasn't even on the original list of dj's to spin) spun from around noon - 5 pm tag teaming - the sun, the ppl, the atmosphere - the closest thing you will get to being in ibiza and dc10. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: i still can't even get my brain wrapped around this party - just unbelievable, amazing, astonishing experience to hear/see these top jocks for 5+ hours in the sun, drinking, laughing, dancing - they were having as much fun or more fun than the crowd

was going to go talk to beyer and ask why the hell he didn't show up the night before at IO lounge - but thought better of it when i realized a short asian chick vs. big swede dj is not a good thing

in the morning at pawnshop spent inside for steve bug and also headed inside to hear mazi spin some good tech house. so many dj's at this party it's hard to name them all - but EVERYONE was having so much in' fun. got blisters on my toes, sunburnt etc. but it was totally worth it.
southbound24
pros-gg deep dish, acosta, and bellini really ripped it
pros-marcus and mauro, holy i know alout of people bitch about mauro but he BLEW armin away, no conpetiotion
pros- Friday at nikki above and beyond drooped tracking treasure down and were really into the set as was the crowwd, BT played love comes again with evryone singing along. darude really kicked ass, and mushroom dj'ed a fantastic set
pros-ultra-mushroom wow best live show EVER

cons-roaches nad bugs in my room at the CLAY
cons-ty cold cuts ( no one in miami ever heard of boars head)
cons-the brooklyn people who embarresed this Brooklyn kid with their god like reverence of JP
cons 1st ultra NY than ulra miami oakie ed up 2 systems
Driguez
pros

1.swedish mafia,HELL MOTHERING YES
2.d-formation (dimas)
3.simon and shaker
4.that kid chris
5.palash
6.desyn masiello
7.behrouz
8.rooster and peralta
9.tom sawyer
10.partying with my wife
11.and partying pass 3am :D

cons

1.ing TRAFFIC,i had to drive from cutlar ridge and US1 to the beach every day
2.parking :whip:
3.getting lost in downtown :nervous:

Orbital32
CON: RAIN DURING THE WETGROOVES POOL PARTY!

PRO: RAIN DURING THE WETGROOVES POOL PARTY! ;)
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by tmft
Con: getting my jacket & phone stolen at Pawnshop. I was helpless without a cell-phone to meet up with friends.

For this, I really feel sorry for you. Keep your phone in your pocket. A jacket loss sucks, but losing your phone on vacation is the worst. Probably even worse than losing your credit cards. At least they can overnight you a new one.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement