return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 
can you spin on e (pg. 4)
View this Thread in Original format
Stu Cox
quote:
Originally posted by wee_rooney
thats bull!

you've obviously never been in a k-hole before :rolleyes:
u wouldnt even be able to move if you were in a k-hole,
never mind stick a record/cd on a deck!

I've done a 2 hour set at an afterparty on quite a bit of ket before, wasn't full-on k-holeing but drifting in and out of it, apparently (this is according to the guy who had just been drinking) I did pretty well - I do remember kinda realising on a couple of occasions that I was mixing and it was all in time but there were a fair few gaps lol

I'm sure it is possible, but you have to totally rely on your subconscious lol and I agree in a full on hole you haven't really got a hope in hell

That was a while ago, wouldn't touch the stuff now... yuk!
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by wee_rooney
thats bull!

you've obviously never been in a k-hole before :rolleyes:
u wouldnt even be able to move if you were in a k-hole,
never mind stick a record/cd on a deck!

Oh trust me, he has...I dunno about that night, but I've seen bas in a k-hole :stongue:

quote:
I say for the first time though, vodka cranberries and some blow is the best bet

AKA, "The Sasha Recipe" :p :D

quote:
like you see guys saying their dj's and so forth yet you see them all undersome influence yet they cant perform most times!

Speaking of Sasha, he plays way better when hes ed up IMO. So I'm all for it...its his nose not mine :p
superglo
quote:
Originally posted by L.E.N.
I suck when I spin on pills....
Im going to try it this weekend @ home. The last time I did was new years '00. i got all sidetracked to listening to the track in the headphones Id miss my cues....havent done it since. Its only a 1/2 hour set....whats that like 6 tracks ?If you take it before you get on....you will be done before it starts working.

+45645763
i cant mix for when i'm on pills.
same with weed.
now .. meth however..
Nemesis44
Nuff said about Sasha I think. :rolleyes:

Playing your first gig on an e is a dumb ass idea.

A lot of club owners don't like their employees turning up muntered and don't think they wont notice. Chewing your ear and gurning your off is no way to make a good impression.

You also become more unaware of the people you are playing for so any valuable lessons you might learn in the world of DJing would be lost.

Take a bit of time to think of your audience too, try and get some more rock inspired breaks or something.

By all means have a JD and coke or two just to take the edge off but don't get battered. It will ruin the experience for you, there will come times soon enough when you will end up at an after party in a state and you will find yourself DJing and you will probably be glad that you played this gig sober.

Treat it like loosing your virginity. Sure you'll be nervous and need a bit of courage but if you get too wrecked you can't perform and will end up looking like a limp dick.

If you are a first timer at a venue you need to have your wits about you as there will be much to absorb.

Cheers
Nem
Rebel Brown
I have on coke before and that was weird, no chance I'd be able to make a somewhat decent sounding set on pills though.
wee_rooney
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis86
Oh trust me, he has...I dunno about that night, but I've seen bas in a k-hole :stongue:

in that case, respect to bas!! :eek:

im more prone to sitting under trampolines an when in a hole!
can barely imagin tryin to spin! all the noise would just annoy
outa me :(
dj_kane
haha this thread is mad. recommend that you dont drop before a set your hands feel like their not there so trying to catch the beat when your blitzed can be tricky. it can be done, depending on how you react to the pill. some people totally bloop out and dont even no where they are. but if you can handle them it shouldnt be a problem.

personally for my first set live i wouldnt do it. a few straight vodkas and a sambuca should set you up.
ivanbee
this thread is really funny

los @ bas :stongue:

beer = the cause and solution to all of life's problems

stick with that for your first time
OhJoshPlenty
do some herion

...jk
sot
ewww ^^^^^

but rollin and spininn not a good idea...

yayo and spinnin works pretty well..blazin (to an extent) and spinnin works good too..nothing u want to get u out of focus to the point where ur just soo out of it. u always wanna stay focused when ur wreckin it up..dont do any drug that will make u lose it. every1 is different as well..so some1 might be able to do other and dj perfectly fine and you might not be able to..you gotta find your niche and leave it there..don't go too overboard.

Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by sot
ewww ^^^^^

but rollin and spininn not a good idea...

yayo and spinnin works pretty well..blazin (to an extent) and spinnin works good too..nothing u want to get u out of focus to the point where ur just soo out of it. u always wanna stay focused when ur wreckin it up..dont do any drug that will make u lose it. every1 is different as well..so some1 might be able to do other and dj perfectly fine and you might not be able to..you gotta find your niche and leave it there..don't go too overboard.

lol wuzzup chris...I dunno...like I said yayo s me up bad...I guess cause I do it so little (2-3 times a year on average) that when I do I get blasted tony montana style...lol. I guess it depends on the person too.

When I'm baked as + drunk, I get in the zone...I just am envelopped in the mix and I do everything mechanically...I "feel" the music better I think...
PEZ68
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis86
I like a few drinks and some weed to get in the groove. A couple beers do a great job of helping to loosen up, and as they make my head swirl a little, I think my track selection becomes a bit more interesting.

woot :cool:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement