return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Wrigley's spends millions to prove chewing gum is healthy
View this Thread in Original format
komodo9
For over 100 years Wrigley's Gum has contended the benefits of chewing were "just plain common sense", however now Wrigley's has decided to launch a multi-million dollar, multi-year campaign to scientifically prove that chewing gum is indeed good for you. Wrigley's has always been pushing the limits of traditional bubblegumhood, with their oral-care gum netting over $1.4 billion a year. However all new product launches have not been so successful; in 2003 they halted production on the flopped "Surpass", an antacid gum. With studies focusing on stress and weight management, cognition, and focus, we'll see just what Wrigley's comes up with at the end of this campaign. :cool:

Source Link: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/scienc...institute_x.htm
Trackback: http://komodo9.blogspot.com/2006/03...s-to-prove.html
DJFreaq
YES!

GOD I NEED SOME GUM SO BAD!

I HAVE SUCH A FAB JACKET ON I NEED SOME GUM SO I CAN GIVE PEOPLE COOL LOOKS IN MY FAB JACKET AND SUNGLASSES AS I CHEW MY GUM BRAD PITT STYLE.

/end caps
Donkeyness
After all that they'll probably end up with some stupid results like...

"Extensive study and research shows that Wrigley's chewing gum is less healthy than carrots...but much much healthier than the Ebola Virus!"
THE_Chris
I bet they wont mention the fact that a large number of people are having jaw problems from constant chewing.
Boomer187
Its great to see companies really grasping the scientific process by starting with their conclusion and working backwards. I think einstein said if the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
Sean Cassidy
doublemint twins what what!

;)
dan hernan
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Its great to see companies really grasping the scientific process by starting with their conclusion and working backwards. I think einstein said if the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

OMG Kuhn oh the paradigm1!!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement