return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
can this audio cable be salvaged?
View this Thread in Original format
xstalkrx
I have this exact red/white --> audio cable in order to connect my REC out on my mixer to the audio in slot on the soundcard in my computer.

The red/white ends you see in the pic go into my mixer just fine. Look closely at the ends of the cables...when I try to put the audio end of the cable in my soundcard, it doesnt fit properly. The connector actually goes into the hole on the soundcard, but it has some wiggle room and isnt allowing any sound to be send to the card. WTF. Is there any kind of adapter that I can find so I dont have to scrap this 20 dollar cable? It cant be taken back to the store.
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by xstalkrx
I have this exact red/white --> audio cable in order to connect my REC out on my mixer to the audio in slot on the soundcard in my computer.

The red/white ends you see in the pic go into my mixer just fine. Look closely at the ends of the cables...when I try to put the audio end of the cable in my soundcard, it doesnt fit properly. The connector actually goes into the hole on the soundcard, but it has some wiggle room and isnt allowing any sound to be send to the card. WTF. Is there any kind of adapter that I can find so I dont have to scrap this 20 dollar cable? It cant be taken back to the store.

The only thing i know is if you've spent big bucks on the cable. You'll want to spend more money on getting a good adaptor if one is available.

Only reason i say this is cause there's no reason in getting a cheap connector as sound quality (again if that's what you're after) will only be as good as your weakest link, in this case the new connector you might be purchasing.

Just warning you :)

Although you probably wont notice the difference with the naked ear..

nelly
Events@Spec
Is it a RCA to 1/4, 1/8, or rca cable?
xstalkrx
This is what i needed....

skip
quote:
Originally posted by xstalkrx
This is what i needed....

then wtf did you buy? rca to rca? :wtf:
mzvirbulis
yes you can buy an adapter for that from most of your good electronic stores.
dont chuck it away!
DJ 00 Tommy
Dont ever use any kind of adaptors or converters.
They are one of the quickest ways to add noise to your signal and decrease the quality alltogether.
It would be better to just make the cable if you cant find one.
I baught an RCA cable for my mixer to my amp and then remember after i need it to be 1/4" for the amp.
I just went and baught two rca to 1/4" converters. I now have four and they are all broken, hanging in place just bearly. I cant move anything or else they fall apart and thats not pretty when you have your music play through 500 watts.
Point is... spend abit of extra money and buy the right cable and dont use adaptors. If you cant find the cable your after make it.
xstalkrx
THIS IS GETTING REALLY GAY:

I bought an adapter for the cable to go into. The adapter goes into the SOUNDCARD just fine. But the cable...does NOT fit the adapter properly. Although the cables does actually go INSIDE the adapter...it just isnt a nice fit. WTF is really going on here....the people at Fry's Electronics must be complete n00bs.

DJ 00 Tommy
The adaptor you have there looks like a 1/8 stereo to 1/8 mono adaptor.
Basically its not for rca to computer...
You can see thats it mono because there is only one ring.
RCA kind of fits into a 1/8 plug but obviously this is not rca because where does the shielding (outside metal) connect?
Fry's Electronics and yourself need to do alot of learning.
How could you connect the the mixer with only 1 plug? your only getting half the signal.
So obviously the adaptor will need to ins and one out.
xstalkrx
quote:
Originally posted by DJ 00 Tommy
The adaptor you have there looks like a 1/8 stereo to 1/8 mono adaptor.
Basically its not for rca to computer...
You can see thats it mono because there is only one ring.
RCA kind of fits into a 1/8 plug but obviously this is not rca because where does the shielding (outside metal) connect?
Fry's Electronics and yourself need to do alot of learning.
How could you connect the the mixer with only 1 plug? your only getting half the signal.
So obviously the adaptor will need to ins and one out.

At the other end of the cable, there is a RED/WHITE connection. This RED/WHITE part of the cable fits perfectly into the RECORD OUT slots on the back of my mixer. It's this part of the cord that I can't get to fit anything

Mav 3000
Take your PC and your mixer down to your local cable shop. Point to the two connectors and explain that you would like a cable to go from "here, to there..." and buy whatever they give you.

Sorted.

The first THX cable (RCA to 3.5mm Stereo Jack) looked fine to me - no idea why this wouldn't fit.
Events@Spec
What a newb :stongue:

You gotta buy a RCA to 1/8 adapter :stongue:

Or buy a RCA to 1/8 cable!

RCA doesn't fit in 1/8 retard. Obviously.

Don't buy cables anymore.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement