return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
UH OH I dont know how to use dennon's
View this Thread in Original format
Scolomon
So i learned how to play on cdj 200s,

Are the denon's at ALL similar? Could i learn in 10 mins the differences between the two?
Can i beatloop with the dennons?
alligator
yes you can loop...

you can pretty much do everything that you can do on the cdj 200 on a denon plus more. but that being said the functions work differently and it will take you a while to get used to it.

set aside more than 10 min...give yourself anywhere between 30 min to 2 hours...depending on you experience level and ability
Zild
Use the pitch bend buttons instead of the jog wheel.
Freak
Denons are so easy to use- especially with pitch bend buttons
i got big pants
i love the pitch blend buttons...can almost determine how much i have to adjust the pitch just by how long i need to take the pitch blend button
Scolomon
so there is no jog wheel?
Events@Spec
quote:
Originally posted by Scolomon

Denon Single Units? All have "jog" wheels. Non-static platters.

The 3500's will better emulate real vinyl since it's direct drive, and the 5000's will feel a bit weird. You can use the pitch bend, or touch the moving platter slightly.
Omega_Blue
denon's are really easy to use. i like the ease of use for both pioneers and denons... but cdj1000s feel sexy
mylespower
lol... +1 at 1000's FTW

i have them... love them..... but yeah... those pitch bend buttons on the dennons are cool...... just not as cool as the 1000/800 wheel

the only difference i would be worried about is when correcting... using a static platter is diff than pressing buttons or touching a moving platter
Ryan0751
The 3500's platter can either be a moving platter, or you can set it to "Pioneer" mode and it'll work much like the 1000.

quote:
Originally posted by mylespower
lol... +1 at 1000's FTW

i have them... love them..... but yeah... those pitch bend buttons on the dennons are cool...... just not as cool as the 1000/800 wheel

the only difference i would be worried about is when correcting... using a static platter is diff than pressing buttons or touching a moving platter

mylespower
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan0751
The 3500's platter can either be a moving platter, or you can set it to "Pioneer" mode and it'll work much like the 1000.

oh nice... that is a good feature

i messed around with a dennon dj for like 2 min a couple years ago.. so i didn't get to know ALL the features lol
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by Scolomon

There is but the pitch bend buttons work much better.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement