return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
my IE is busted!!
View this Thread in Original format
eye_03
well, my internet explorer is busted. when i go to put in an adress in the adress bar (such as www.tranceaddict.com) it doesnt even recognize that there is an adress in there. nothing loads up, and right beside where it says "adress" is blanked out.

so, now i cant access websites by putting them in the adress bar.
any of you 1337 h4x0rs:rolleyes: know the problem, or the solution??

thanks guys, ill have a screen shot soon to show you if you dont know what i mean

EDIT

why is the adress bar blanked out??
DJ RJT
Sounds like the AIDS to me.
_Nut_
and then god made better browsers

www.mozilla.org
Cloud
quote:
Originally posted by eye_03
well, my internet explorer is busted. when i go to put in an adress in the adress bar (such as www.tranceaddict.com) it doesnt even recognize that there is an adress in there. nothing loads up, and right beside where it says "adress" is blanked out.

so, now i cant access websites by putting them in the adress bar.
any of you 1337 h4x0rs:rolleyes: know the problem, or the solution??

thanks guys, ill have a screen shot soon to show you if you dont know what i mean

firewall?
eye_03
quote:
Originally posted by _Nut_
and then god made better browsers

www.mozilla.org

yeah i thought about that.. but im on a family computer and dont want to change things too much. has this ever happened to anyone else?
i can still go to websites by clicking on favorites, and though links in msn, i just cant type them in the adress bar..
kid nyce
www.lavasoftusa.com

dl ad aware, sounds like a virus/spyware's hijacked your browser, probably also running a ton of hidden programs running ads through your comp which means they are making money off of you being connected to the internet...

good luck
eye_03
well, im running an AVG virus test now..
EDIT: theres a little picture now in my original post
AnotherWay83
maybe your registry settings have been messed up by some spyware, it's happened to me too...try getting "winsockxpfix.exe" (assuming you have windows xp, but you can get it for other versions of windows as well)...it's free too and does the job in just a few secs
Ivand
Sounds like spyware to me, try Spybot, adAware or Windows Defender
Marc Summers
I actually had a problem with Windows Media Player, I got it fixed by searching on google. Not trying to be an ass, but I searched what my problem was: "An internal application error has occurred." "Windows media player"

I put that in the search, and the first website had the solution. I really like the internet, sometimes. :)

edson
Try right click with icon on a space within tool-bar, a menu will drop down tick on 'address' and 'lock toolbar'. Just maybe..
eye_03
quote:
Originally posted by edson
Try right click with icon on a space within tool-bar, a menu will drop down tick on 'address' and 'lock toolbar'. Just maybe..

haha, that was the first thing i did when i found out i had this problem. :cool:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement