return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Pages: [1] 2 
[Tech Trance] T.P. - Midnight Crush Full 192
View this Thread in Original format
TranscendentalP
hey everyone,

new song up over at www.soundclick.com/transcendentalparadigm

give it a listen let me know what you think!

Thanks!
dj_kane
tech trance isnt really my thing although i have produced some tech trance tracks.

im reviewing on production only as i dont like tech trance that much.

kick is weak. the track isnt very banging for tech. you need to through the percs in here mate. layer the kick and get this driving. bass isnt bad. the track has a dark feel. really dark in fact although i think you should lower the synth by an octave to make it fit better with the track. good flow to it but its not driving enough imo.

keep it up though you definately have good structure!
TranscendentalP
:)

yea i need to work on my kicks.. its an area im lacking in

what else percussion wise though?

ill try to lower the lead synth an octave and see how it sounds
dj_kane
get an offbeat hat for starters a clap then add your closed hats in. mr mystery done a tutorial in the production studio section you should look it up. i just learnt how to make my tracks more driving today after help from a mate on this.

i must admit though i liked your last track better. your production is much cleaner making that genre.
TranscendentalP
yea, i just started writing this and i made that crazy industrial sounding bass so i went with it ;) there are closed hats and open hats, and a clap... maybe i need to play with the levels a little
dj_kane
levels, delay and reverb is what i use. and it flows well. what software you using?
TranscendentalP
for this track its FL for the sequencing, Z3ta and vanguard for the synths/basslines, and drum samples i downloaded from a site that had free samples of their discs they sell.

also are you refering to Ethereal Plains when you say my last track ?
dj_kane
yea. that had good potential with a bit of work.
TranscendentalP
i'll prob. pull it back out one of these days and mess with it... I'm definately gonna pull out Ambient Killer/Mountain Star and fix that track cause I have alot of people tell me they really like that one even though production wise it sounds like lol
cybernetica
Hey,

nice track you got there, I wouldnt say this is too banging. You should use some lower percussions maybe like kane said to give it more drive. I wouldnt really change this however, the percussion patterns you got right now are interesting and kinda unique.
The kick is a little too muffled, and that crash is too loud.
I am really digging the bassline and that dark noisy synth. The first two minutes are great, a little Industrial feel to it here.
Lead melody is strange, its getting somehow off key, doesnt it?
However, a very interesting track. Liking the dark tone of it, good synthwork. Good job, keep it up!

TranscendentalP
yes, i need to fix the kick the level on the crash :) and someone else pointed off the key clashes in the lead.. i didnt want to go totally industrial i wanted a kind of mix.. I'm just trying different things :) thanks for the comment about the uniqueness of the percussion
Terry Barker
Review

Intro - not much buildup or excitement, the crash effects are a tad too loud. percussion work is ok, need sum work here. the synth idea is quite cool, like a metalic / robotic feeling. Sorry but i really dont like that pad...

Breakdown - breakdown just appears from no where and synths are out of tune to me here, no kick in neither...

Outro/Other - getting repedative and hasty, im not really enjoying this

Conclusion/Other - mastering and restructure of the track, work on an idea / melody then place everything around that then go from there. keep up the work :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement