return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

[Dark Trance] Takkra - Soaring (Full track) (5:22)
View this Thread in Original format
Takkra
Something I made with the inspiration I got from my studytrip to Rome :)!! the atmosphere was really cool at night :).. This is kinda another attempt at actual trance.. something I dont do so keep that in mind :) im more the techno type :p.. but I love listening to trance and it would mean the world to me if I could actually produce trance heheh.. anyway enough blabla..

[ left click ]

Takkra - Soaring
5:22
192 kbit/s
Trance ( I hope )

Critque is very much appreciated! :) thanks in advance.
- -
- -
- -
UPDATE: [ left click ]
TranscendentalP
ahhh takkra you're back with some new music :)

i see you fixed your distorted piano styles... sounds nice, it is nice and dark.

one thing i would suggest doing is adding some delay to the synth part, and a little (more) reverb. and maybe strengthen up the kick a bit. other than that... nice track boss. :)

ps: im still on the lookout for the redone version of solarkeys!!!!
and please have a listen to Midnight Crush, I think its on page two now, but I think that its up your alley as far as style and type!
Dj Cola
hey there, intro is cool.. you can still hear that you are a techno guy ;).
the bassline is cool.

the melody is cool! you really did a good job on it i think.
but it gets muffled by all the stuff you have in the track i think.

that distorted synth is weird ;).

i think theres alot of things in this track and it makes to whole track "muddy" if you know what i mean.
this track didnt appeal to me alot though.. dunno why.
bidor
hey takkra, nice dark trancer, the thing i disliked was that you didnt introduced the beat in the beginning, but instead started the track with it. it think it would have been nicer if you introduced your dark pads first but thats just my opinion, im loveing the bassline, however i think you need to add a few more fx's to the track it a little repetitive.. i really like the piano good job on that! however i think it still needs a few finishing touches. good luck mate:)

bidor.
Akia
The atmosphere is great! And I like the melody too! But it is something... hmm... maybe it will sounds better if you just lower the distorted synth a bit? Or maybe not. ;) Good job!

Akia
Terry Barker
Review

Intro - big shock at the beginning haha, maybe do something with the intro? kick's a bit muddy and percussion needs to be filled. Like the bass, im into stuff like that :). Piano seems to be a bit detuned to me, things are starting to get a bit repedative, maybe introduce new elements?

Breakdown - canny, pads n piano work here, the vanguard lead melody is nice, like the notation here. The distorted lead is also good, bringing in stuff...

Outro/Other - again slightly getting repedative however keeping the notes going works for me

Conclusion/Other - a bloody good mastering for a start haha, more percussion and effects! then were onto a winner. good work, keep it up
Takkra
ahh thanks all for your time :)!! your advice is really helpfull and ill use it to make the final version.. im really glad everyone helped :)!!
(btw the new Solarkeys is still under construction, and because I didnt know what to do with it.. I started this song ;) )
Thanks everyone
richg101
sounds cool. a great follow up to solarkeys. sounds quite muddy. the kick is responsible for this i think. i like the kick. gritty and cool but it neets some high end clarity i think. and a bit more compression so it is a bit less power hungry. drive is great. a lot more trancy.

i think the sounds from solarkeys are tried and tested - hell! m.i.k.e played it for gods sake!!! but i think maybe change one of the main synths for a new synth - but not the bass!. its cool. id get rid of the piano and use a different sound. or dont add a nother one -just leave it bare and cut away parts of the percs here and there to make more variation where you loose it without the piano?? not sure..

if i were you i would just take away the piano (but leave it in the break) and use everything else in the main parts. you have to just admit defeate - you make 'takkratech' - not trance:) this is sounding A+ here. great drive. good balance. really good to me.

your best yet rico!! keep it up boss

rich:)
Kthought
Hey Takkra, I really enjoy your style, and this song is full of potential. Agreed that the mastering is really pretty good, and the samples and synths you use fit really well, work on making the song more interesting (i have a problem with this too heh) and i'm sure your music will start turning heads. Good Luck!
dj alliance
Intro: Straight in there, for a DJ to mix in you will need a longer intro mate.

Outro: Good average outro, perhaps a tad longer for the DJ.

Synths & piano used: Dont like the piano mate - it does not fit in and seems out of key in some parts. Nice pad used i like it.

Kick and percussion: Nice and clear with a decent punch to the kick.

Bassline: Nice and synthy sounding - sounds a bit old-skooly and very dark. Make it slightly lower mate, seems a tad too loud.

Mixdown: Its pretty good, although i feel that synthy bassline needs to be slightly lower.

Overall its a decent track but i preffered the othe rone you did. Not keen ont his one.

Now reveiw my track please :D

Mr Rogers
really nice bang'n track...i think when it kicks in gets a little muddy with all the distortion, and the kick is lacking.
awsome track though....
Takkra
hey guys all thanks for listening :)!!
thanks for all the kind words richard:)! ive eq the kick alot and its sounds fine now ;)! and all..glad you liked the track!
I tried to get rid of the muddiness in the UPDATE ;)! so.. thanks everyone for listening again :) I really appreciate it
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement