return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
How much do you earn when you dj?
View this Thread in Original format
AuxiliaryInput
I don't know anything about it, but I want to start doing it though. But how much do you earn each time you dj somewhere? doesn't matter how long the mix is, nor where you do it, just post your earnings.
Tony Morello
how much do you feel your time is worth?
J:\Digital
$0.00 :stongue:
chubbs
Generally DJ's with residencies in local clubs here in Melbourne earn $50-$75 AUD per set.
Larger profile DJ's that play in clubs around Australia can expect $100-$150 per set I reckon (guys like Scott Alert, John Ferris and Nik Fish).
AuxiliaryInput
Thanks Chubbs.
s3nate
You should be HAPPY if you can even do a warm up in a club for free.

Hell you should be happy if they let you play if you PAID them.
Allied Nations
quote:
Originally posted by s3nate
You should be HAPPY if you can even do a warm up in a club for free.

Hell you should be happy if they let you play if you PAID them.

That's the wrong attitude man...

I'm not saying we should be paid a whole wad of cash, but if you putting lots of time and effort into your set and they don't pay you at all, its somewhat disrespectful- even if they just comp you a bunch of drinks or something it's nice to be appreciated. I'm not saying all clubs, but a lot are making serious cash- don't let them use you. You are providing a service.
DJ 00 Tommy
100-150 per set...
Could make more $$ doing house parties and such lol.
I guess they arnt fun because you dont get to play as much of the music you like but they will help pay the bills.

I thaught people where earning more then that for there sets though.
First Strike
quote:
Originally posted by chubbs

Larger profile DJ's that play in clubs around Australia can expect $100-$150 per set I reckon (guys like Scott Alert, John Ferris and Nik Fish).

I woudnt think Nik Fish or Ferris do a set for less than $1000
chubbs
Hmm yeah, it'd vary I reckon. Depending on the event, venue, capacity, like that..

trancecadet
mate of mine gets 50 for an hour, 100 for 2 hours and so on. Basically 50 per hour. Id play for nothing, Just having the priviledge is enough.. But in my mates case he is getting the priviledge to play plus he earnes enough to go buy another sets worth of vinyl. Thats more than id ever want! :)

Anyone here how much tiesto is charging these days? I forgotten the exact amount but im sure it was 5 figures after he done his concert? Crazy mofo.. He cant mix for these days and I used to enjoy tiestos earlier sets (~2000)
DJ 00 Tommy
Getting 50 an hour is the same as $120 Aud.
I would be very happy getting that much because then it could pay for the vinyl or mp3s i buy.
If djing as a hobby supported it self but i still needed another job to live i guess i would be happy.
If i could live comfortably as just a dj and or producer it would be a dream.
Im sure most would agree.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement