return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

djm 500 v. djm 600
View this Thread in Original format
Scolomon
whats the difference between the pioneer djm 500 and 600? i noticed the 600 has a sampler, but is this really worth the extra dough?
elektrikal
From what I've heard from reviews and stuff, extra effects aside, there are a couple significant advantages to the DJM 600 depending on your needs. Apparently, sound quality on the 500 is a bit more bass heavy while the 600 has truer sound reproduction, but the extra bass is not necessarily a bad thing. In terms of hooking up to other Pioneer machines 600 has like 1-2 extra abilites but nothing above and beyond like the DJM 1000 per se. I havn't used the 600, I own the 500 and it has served me well for a long time and hopefully continues to do so as it is a solid piece of machinery that sounds great and helps keep a bit of extra cash in your pocket. There are couple extra effects but its nothing to flip over, w/ a bit of creativity delay, echo, flanger, autopan, and even reverb go a long way. If you want the extra bells and whistles a lot and have the money, go for it, but if you're looking for quality and saving some money, go with the DJM 500 my opinion.
Tony Morello
the 500 is a solid piece of gear and will serve you well, if you can afford it go for the 600, the extra cash and those couple extra little features make up for the difference
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement