return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Digital Investment Vs. Vinyl Costs.
View this Thread in Original format
AnLyGi
I am seriously thinking of going digital but cant really afford the inital investment for the cdjs i want. Should i offload the 1210's and a chunk of my collection to fund them or stick with vinyl. I dont want to start a war but what would you do?
jun139
i would go 50/50 .. using both TT and CDjs .. but to fund that .. i would have to work and save like a dog .. lolz ..
|E
How far off the cdjs are you? if ur only like 2 months of saving off, then id keep the decks and just save for the 2 months (this will hurt but u'll be able to buy all the tracks u waited for later on digital (just keep a list of all the tracks you WOULD have bought on vinyl)

however if ur a long way off then sell ur decks and get cdjs.
JohnPaullino
quote:
Originally posted by |E
How far off the cdjs are you? if ur only like 2 months of saving off, then id keep the decks and just save for the 2 months (this will hurt but u'll be able to buy all the tracks u waited for later on digital (just keep a list of all the tracks you WOULD have bought on vinyl)

however if ur a long way off then sell ur decks and get cdjs.

What he said
Protege
For the record Ive already spent more on vinyl than I have on mp3s and Ive had my cdjs for 6 months and my tt for 2 weeks. Just to give you an idea.
Aquarian
Just stop buying vinyls for a few months. It looks like a big gap at first but it's incredible how much money you save in the long run from buying mp3s. Selling your TTs would be the easy way out, but you might regret it later on.
AnLyGi
Cheers for the replies. I have decided to add 1 mk3 cdj1000 and then add another at a later date. 50/50. After some thought i couldnt shift any of my cherished records and still intend to buy older vinyls after i get the 2 cdj's.
DJ Nickazz
quote:
Originally posted by AnLyGi
Cheers for the replies. I have decided to add 1 mk3 cdj1000 and then add another at a later date. 50/50. After some thought i couldnt shift any of my cherished records and still intend to buy older vinyls after i get the 2 cdj's.

I'm about to do the same thing. First I buy 1 Cdplayer for a start. And later on a second and maybe I sell one of my decks
jun139
hahahaha... thats what i m doing too .. waiting for the MK3 cdj1000 to come out over here .. heheheh
sr126
i bought a denon dnd-4500 dual deck. i thought this would be a good investment for someone like me, because i had never touched a cd player before this thing. this was a very cost effective way for me to be able to play back to back cd's, and rock all 4 channels on my mixer. instead of having to shell out another 1600-2000 on two separate cd players. w/that kind of money could have bought 3 more M5G's.

i knew right off the bat i would hate having only one cd player until i could save up for second one. dual deck was the only way to go for me. also, space was a consideration... but not a deciding factor.

Rememberence_
not a bad idea @ the dual deck mate...

I am kinda in the same boat as you guys. I started with two MK5s and a Xone:32 (that's another story... each piece was bought seperately over a longggg period of time)... and 13 months ago I got my first CDJ-800. Only this week am I finally adding another one to the setup, and although I could have sold an MK5 to help expedite the process, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't buy much vinyl anymore, as it has been setting me back on saving for the second CDJ... but damn am I glad to soon have 4 decks. Not sure if I'd say it's worth the wait... but it's certainly seeming that way at this point :p
Allen Mueller
I have good computer so i skiped cdjs went to Serato. For me it was an easy decision becuase I don't like the feel of cdjs and serato allowed me to keep the feel of vinyl that I love. If you computer is already up to the task that is what i would do. If not don't sell your tables i think you'll regret it. Just keep what you have now and save to get cdjs if thats is what you want.

Allen
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement