return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
You have 1200.00 USD, you're ideal setup would be...?
View this Thread in Original format
miamitranceman
Hi all. So I think I may be ready to finally bite the bullet and purchase some equipment. I have no intention of playing in clubs or anything at this point. I just want to learn the basics and have fun mixing. I know I want CD format over turntables. I was thinking a pair of CDJ-200's. I really have no idea in terms of mixers. My limit is around 1200.00 bucks. I'd love to hear any suggestions you guys have for where I should go with this.


Thanks!
kimchi
hmm with 1200, i think i'd go with this if your going digital.

Pioneer DJM400
2 x Pioneer CDJ200

edited with larger pic

jun139
quote:
Originally posted by kimchi
hmm with 1200, i think i'd go with this if your going digital.

Pioneer DJM400
2 x Pioneer CDJ200

edited with larger pic





+1
Orbital32
$1200? get a EFX-1000 with a DJM-300 mixer. A couple of tape players to add int.. DOPENESS!
Mimoza
Buy some CDJ-800 MKI for cheap or second hand, get yourself a good mixer (Pioneer DJM-707, Gemini UMX-SE,...) and let the fun begin!
Clovis86
Save another 1200$
blacknoizybox
quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
I just want to learn the basics and have fun mixing.

golden words:tongue3
Greedy
you can get used cdj-800s for $800 (pair) and that leaves you with $400 to play with for your mixer. I would get a used Vestax PCV-275.

the rest of the money, should go towards some decent speakers.
DJ Sid
1 200 US$ = 951.39935

so:

2x Citronic PD45: 2x 350

1x Reloop RMX-40: 229
Zild
A pair of CDJ800s and the cheap solid mixer du jour. Whatever that is. Maybe that Vestax.

Aquarian
I'd probably go for exactly what I have right now. This is quality equipment and I don't have a single complaint about it so far;

2x CDJ200
Vestax VMC002 or VMC004
harriz
quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
Hi all. So I think I may be ready to finally bite the bullet and purchase some equipment. I have no intention of playing in clubs or anything at this point. I just want to learn the basics and have fun mixing. I know I want CD format over turntables. I was thinking a pair of CDJ-200's. I really have no idea in terms of mixers. My limit is around 1200.00 bucks. I'd love to hear any suggestions you guys have for where I should go with this.


Thanks!


Option 1 :
2 technics 1200 mk2 second hand 500-550$
Rane serato 450$

Any mixer like a vestax vmc 002xl
Any set of cartridges
----------------------------------------
Option 2:
a&h xone 32 :599
cdj200s : 640
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement