return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Digital DJing 101
View this Thread in Original format
Omega_M
If I were interested in learning to mix music on my laptop with MP3s and no prior experience in DJing or making music, what basic setup would you suggest to get me started ?
I wana learn to mix trance music in real time. And I dont want to spend on any hardware before I get some basic things working for me.
What softwares, websites would you recommend ?

BOOsTER
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_M
If I were interested in learning to mix music on my laptop with MP3s and no prior experience

please kill yourself...:rolleyes:
miamitranceman
quote:
If I were interested in learning to mix music on my laptop with MP3s and no prior experience in DJing or making music, what basic setup would you suggest to get me started ?
I wana learn to mix trance music in real time. And I dont want to spend on any hardware before I get some basic things working for me.
What softwares, websites would you recommend ?

Please ignore stupid comments.

I'd recommend starting off with something like Virtual DJ from Atomix. Just google it and you can dload a trial version to mess around with. I've heard Mixmeister is good too, as well as Traktor. Google all of those and try 'em out. :)
simms327
quote:
Originally posted by BOOsTER

i disagree - its a good way to find out if you will like it, saving a little bit of cash
Omega_M
quote:

In my opinion DJing is slowly but surely turning towards Digital music whether people like it or not!! And as digital music quality becomes better and better, it is only a matter of time before more and more DJs start making a switch from Vinyl.
spc
quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
Please ignore stupid comments.

I'd recommend starting off with something like Virtual DJ from Atomix. Just google it and you can dload a trial version to mess around with. I've heard Mixmeister is good too, as well as Traktor. Google all of those and try 'em out. :)

Yeah, in terms of easiness, Mixmeister is the best in my opinion. There's a ton of programs out there but I would say your best bet is 1 of these 3 programs that miami suggested.
i got big pants
quote:
In my opinion DJing is slowly but surely turning towards Digital music whether people like it or not!! And as digital music quality becomes better and better, it is only a matter of time before more and more DJs start making a switch from Vinyl.

i thought djs now-a-days were already slowly moving away from vinyl
DOOMBOT
quote:
Originally posted by i got big pants
i thought djs now-a-days were already slowly moving away from vinyl

No wai!!!!!!! :mad:
Zoso
Watching a vinyl you've been waiting to get spin for the first time underneath a cart is sexy in a way digital can't touch. However, I can second the recommendation to try Virtual DJ. Before I got my decks I used it to make mix/comps of the singles that used to get posted here on TA. :) Good times.
Aquarian
Virtual DJ's a nice program to get started on - but don't get too used to the visual display. It'll do you more harm than good in the long run.

Tony Morello
Traktor
J:\Digital
quote:

:rolleyes: .... Keep rolling your eyes buddy... they aren't gonna stop the digital evolution of djing.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement