return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
downloading from Vonyc
View this Thread in Original format
DavidL913
why are the MP3 at weird bitrates and the tracktimes are off in winamp?

I know it has something to do with security I guess...but will they still be able to be used on Audio CDs for CDJing?
DavidL913
ok they work on CD, just what the heck is /w the bitrate and tracktime in winamp?
skip
it's a crap store anyway. if you register there they'll spam you forever with some crap it seems. i've been getting spam from them since i registered even though i've unsubscribed a million times. and they send it from various email addresses too, so it won't always go to spam either! ******s! :whip:

and the shop sucks otherwise too. i heard they add some weird clicks to wavs bought from there, for security, so they can ID the tracks if they're shared on p2p. and these are clicks that are clearly audible. the payment methods are very gay too.
so it's crap and you should avoid using it. and pvd sucks.
Daniel Jay
I bought Guiseppi Ottaviani - Linking People and it says that the file is 32 kbps! wtf?!!

At that bitrate the quality would be terrible, but it's not. So am I right in thinking it's really a 320 kbps?
Pinokio
I think ti's beacuse is recorded in VBR (Variable Bit-Rate)

sometimes this happen.
Ryarni
Vonyc is a great site, lots of exclusives already and more probably planned, I dont get spammed at all, infact never. Watermarking of all mp3s sold on that site may disrupt some information but all mp3's are perfect quality and you can even request the track you buy in WAV if you really want it.
Keith Chambers
quote:
Originally posted by Pinokio
I think ti's beacuse is recorded in VBR (Variable Bit-Rate)

sometimes this happen.

All of their mp3 tracks do this in iTunes. A 6 minute track will say it's 30 minutes or something wild like that -- yet they play fine.

I just request everything in WAV. Of course you have to wait a day while they 'protect' it. And then sometimes their in-band copy protection makes the track clip. And if that happens you as the customer are screwed because their 'support' people never email you back. And they don't care if tracks are mislabeled either. Last I checked 'Need to Feel Loved' MvL remix is still really the Seb remix and vice-versa. I told them about this 6 months ago but why would they fix it? -- it makes people buy the Seb mix to see if it's the MvL mix and sure enough it is! Fun! Yeah I only use VONYC if I can't get it else where.

I think the real VONYC strategy is to make a service so crappy and with such bad support that nobody will use it and thus share the tracks. ;-) Sorry Paul, you're service blows compared to Beatport, etc.
skip
does anyone know if they charge any extra for the wav downloads? there's no mention on the site about it at least, so i'm thinking no, but don't want to test just to find out that they do and having to pay for a 192kbps mp3 + some mad amount extra for the wav.
demark
Personally I think vonyc is great. I listen to the radio at work and download the tracks I like. They are VBR, yet the site says they're encoded at 192K. Regardless, I always request the WAV's (at no extra charge). It takes a few days to get them, but well worth the wait. Price is fair too. The site navigation is awful so I don't even bother searching that way. The radio plays most of the latest tracks anyway and if you keep a few dollars in your account, the checkout is much faster.

The design of the site leaves much to be desired, but there's lots of great stuff you can find new and old. If you follow PVD, you'll love the music selection. I play most of the mp3's when mixing in SSL and they sound very good. I don't recall getting any spam after signing up.
skip
quote:
Originally posted by demark
Personally I think vonyc is great. I listen to the radio at work and download the tracks I like. They are VBR, yet the site says they're encoded at 192K. Regardless, I always request the WAV's (at no extra charge). It takes a few days to get them, but well worth the wait. Price is fair too. The site navigation is awful so I don't even bother searching that way. The radio plays most of the latest tracks anyway and if you keep a few dollars in your account, the checkout is much faster.

The design of the site leaves much to be desired, but there's lots of great stuff you can find new and old. If you follow PVD, you'll love the music selection. I play most of the mp3's when mixing in SSL and they sound very good. I don't recall getting any spam after signing up.

thanks for the info. altho i hate the site i might give it a shot if i can get wavs for 1,29 from there. :eyespop:

tubby
tried purchasing from this site today for the first time, what a crap store. very difficult to navtigate.
finally got 4 tracks I wanted, go to pay for them and get told you must buy credits. The total for 4 tracks was Eur5.16, so I can buy credits for 5 or 10.
how hard is it to charge a card for the exact cost?
SPAWNmaster
as someone already mentioned, watermarking of all vonyc tracks seems to disrupt the time code. for the most part my cdj800mk2's detect the correct time, however on my 200's they display the erroneous timecode (such as in winamp or itunes).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement