return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
which mixer should i get, why not DJX 700
View this Thread in Original format
MikeyN
im a beginner DJ, im looking for a mixer, and stumbled upon the behringer DJX 700, ive read some good things about it, and really bad things about it, im just going to be using my equipment (two/three CDJ 800's, two for sure, 1 pending, and a mixer, whichever it may be) for bedroom DJ'ing and backyard house party sorta get togethers, is the behringer something im going to be pissed off with after a couple of months and regret buying?

ive heard in one thread they're reliable, and unreliable in another

if not the DJX 700 what should i get in its place? sure id love an Allen & Heath, for a reasonable price, 350 Cad lets say, but i know thats impossible...

id like something thats either 3 or 5 channels, with effects and digital BPM Counter, any suggestions, take into account my use for them.

(although the CDJ's have the BPM on display id like to have them on the mixer for convenience sake)

Suggestions? opinions? views? Comments? Concerns? Complaints?
qwerty_svk
i was searching last night and i found some good things about it and some bad too.... that's because bad thing is that it's low quality and the good is the prize for what it's offers...

but i really don't know if the quality's so bad :conf:
i know dj's opinions, but they can't compare behringer with pioneer.. it's not possible.... i want to see prize/performance rating
Trogdor
Do not buy the Behringer. Period. There is nothing good about that mixer. If you want it for the BPM counters, they are so wrong that it will make it harder for you to beatmatch.

On that note, use your ears, not counters. Even Pioneer ones aren't always accurate.

You're buying two nice CD players, why not get a nice mixer, too? $350 ca is not a lot of money. Maybe you can stretch and get an Ecler Nuo3?

If that's too much, then you can always get a Vestax VMC-004. There's nothing else I can recommend with 3 or more channels at that price point.
Greedy
i would say get the behringer. Its only $150 here in the states and you cant get a mixer with that many channels for under $250 new. Dont bother with the effects or BPM counter on the machine, just use the basic stuff. The only real pains Ive experienced with the mixer are the channel faders. Theyre just inaccurate but thats always workable.
pkcRAISTLIN
the 700 is a piece of , but i dont regret buying mine (it taught me a whole lot about EQing). it was fine to learn on. but do you really need all those channels? im sure theres a comparably priced 2 channel mixer thats of a better quality.
Psiweaver
yeah i'd be looking at a used vestax or something not the behringer crap. i had a behringer 2 channel mixer when i first started and channel faders started to bleed before too long and was just basicly a piece of . strongly recommend against. get something better spend a little extra your getting nice cdj's may as well get a mixer to match. and learn to beatmatch with your ears not counters as that will help you much more in the long run.
MikeyN
thanks guys, this is really helping,

how about an opinion on the Vestax PCV 275 ?
MikeyN
quote:
Originally posted by Trogdor

If that's too much, then you can always get a Vestax VMC-004.
[B]

this one looks promising, i'll look into it when i get home from school
simms327
i have a DJX700 and have no complaints at all with it

(Except for the BPM counters which are e, but i dont use them anyway)

for CAD$350, spend an extra 50, and get a numark DXM09

it has three channels, effects, kills, and is a good mixer.

maybe if you bargain, you can get it down to $350.

what kind of CDJs did you end up buying
DJ 00 Tommy
If you have possibility of a third cdj then i say ditch the third for now and go for a better mixer. Since your just a begginer you will be better off learning the basics before you learn 3 ch mixing.
Save up just abit of extra cash and go for a xone32 or ecler. Maybe one of the dnx500/dnx800/dnx900 might be good for your needs.

Trance Nutter
quote:
Originally posted by MikeyN
how about an opinion on the Vestax PCV 275 ?

I have one, a good mixer.
A lot of people here have them.
Sturdy, good sound (for the price), just a nice mixer.
alefort
I've said it before, and I will say it again: The DJX-700 is PERFECTLY FINE for bedroom DJs. I bought mine for under 200$ CAD on ebay. I have had it for 6 months now and not a single problem with it. Many people think it is because the sliders and EQ knobs are on an exponential scale, not linear. Just deal with it, it doesn't mean it is any worse.

It is a cheap piece of equipment, and if you are aware of this, it performs perfectly well. If you are expecting something with mindblowing good quality, don't purchase the DJX 700. But trust me, it's cheap, but it is still a workhorse. We've abused one at parties, every week, for well over a year. Still holding up great!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement