return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
Problems with the Summerdance!
View this Thread in Original format
S-a-M-u-E-l
So I was at Gramaphone (Chicagoans know exactly what I'm talking about) and they were talking about how the schedule for the summerdance is tentative, how the city is scared of the summerdance because of underage drinking and potsmoking. Most likely, the summerdance isnt going to be held in the same place as the last two years. Hopefully, it still going to be awesome..
Spliph
say whattt??

so how about the smoking in the bars, which im sure you all know what im talking about..or even te clubs?? what a ridiculous excuse... pot will be everywhere in the world, so will underage drinking... ppl need to become respectufl and responsible...
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Spliph
pot will be everywhere in the world

Oh man Nick, I wish :)

:p
glass
Imagine the effect on the alcohol industry. Something that can produced cheaper and takes less to get you floored.
wolverine16
They made lots of money on tickets for even of age drinkers who didn't want to pay their outrageous fees for beer. This better happen. Last year was a lot of fun, especially Mazi & Superpitcher.
S-a-M-u-E-l
lego was the best, and i hope the new place for the dj series is outside and better than the last place
djarecebo
What is this pot smoking festival that i've not attended? I call shenanigans!
Aquadyne
It's been long known that this year's Summerdance will be held on different days of the week at different venues throughout Chicago.
wolverine16
quote:
Originally posted by Aquadyne
It's been long known that this year's Summerdance will be held on different days of the week at different venues throughout Chicago.

Most of us here don't have your scenester superpowers "Mr. 30 drinks for $5 @ Soundbar" :D

(OK, I do now recall you telling me this a few weeks back)
S-a-M-u-E-l
aquadyne please provide details!

Aquadyne
quote:
They made lots of money on tickets for even of age drinkers who didn't want to pay their outrageous fees for beer.

LOL, I still haven't paid that ticket (almost a year later.) and I will never pay it out of principle.

quote:
aquadyne please provide details!

There is really nothing available in terms of info. SummerDance is 3 weeks away and they still havent announced venues or line-ups. To be quite honest I'm not sure what's going on with the festival anymore.
Aquadyne
Monday, June 19th
Petrillo Band Shell
6:00-9:00pm
DJ: TBD

Monday, June 26th
Daley Plaza
DJ Pierre and Harrison Crump

Wednesday, July 5th
Taste of Chicago Stage
4:30-7:00pm
Kenny Ray and Chip E

Thursday, July 6th
Taste of Chicago Stage
4:30-7:00pm
Gene Hunt and Roy Davis Jr.

Monday, July 17th
Daley Plaza
Justin Long and Alena

Monday, July 24th
Daley Plaza
Julius The Mad Thinker and FLX

Friday and Saturday, July 29th and 30th
*The Pitch Fork Music Festival
Union Park
Times vary
Dominique Eulberg, Ada and Matt Darey

Wednesday, August 2nd
Daley Plaza
Dan Bell

Monday, August 21st
Millennium Park @ Chase Promenade
Matthew Herbert and Brian Owen

Wednesday, August 23rd
Pertillo Band Shell
DJ Cajmere and Derrick Carter

All information provide by the city of Chicagos office of special events.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement