return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Buying a pair of 1210MK5 from England
View this Thread in Original format
gorex
hey everyone, I am in the middle of purchasing a pair of techs for 1000US$ brand new including shipping/handling.
the catch? their located in England.
So I wonder if any of you had something shipped from there to north america and if so which carrier was used in order to reduce brokrage and duty fees.
I am located in canada.
Danila
how are you buying it? Ebay? Craigslist?

Do you know the person?

I would only send this kind of money to a trusted individual, for example seller on ebay that has 1000+ feedback in selling items. Not to some random person. If it sounds too good to be true and the person is sketchy you WILL get scammed and wont get your money back.

Dont rely on pay pals "buyers" protection, sure they will give you your money back, whole 100 dollars.

A kid I know got scammed on eBay and he was paying thru paypal thinking he is fully protected. Bought a mac book and paid 1500 for it, got 150 back from paypals buyers protection :rolleyes:

so yeah think before you send money to random people
Freak
Shipping will be astronomical.... cant help- just wanted to say good luck! And be careful!
gorex
I need to know if TNT partially covers duty and brokerage fees (similar to USPS in the US)...if not any other carrier?
Freak
i dont see why they wont be insured for damage. have a look:http://www.tnt.com/

However.....I am still trying to get money from parcel2go.com a year after they smashed a synth of mine to bits...so dont use them!
gorex
dude, thanks for your help, but I'm refering to customs fees. Some carriers will take care of the paperwork a the border while others (UPS, FEDEX) charge for it.

quote:
Originally posted by gorex
I need to know if TNT partially covers duty and brokerage fees

calling tnt atm, tks for the link
Freak
best thing you can do is call them +44800 100 600 (its midnight here at the moment BTW so dont know if anyone will answer)
jdat
being in Canada you should know how random it is getting stuff from the US or elsewhere and getting taxed.

I say be careful. Unless you were going to make the trip over to the Uk I don't think it's worth it ... at least not financially
cmay119
Do the UK Technics decks even work in the US? I'm talking about the voltage differences from the outlets used here and there. (US = 110v UK = 220v).

If there is no switch to change to the voltage that is being supplied the equipment will not work. And worst case scenario is the TT's get fried.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement