return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Miami tops rude drivers list
View this Thread in Original format
Marc Summers
quote:
Stressed Miami drivers speed, tailgate and cut off other drivers so frequently that the city earned the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

AutoVantage, an automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance, also listed Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles and Boston among the top five cities for rude driving.

Minneapolis, Nashville, St. Louis, Seattle and Atlanta were rated as the cities with the most courteous drivers, who were less likely to change lanes without signaling or swear at other motorists.

More than 2,000 adult drivers who regularly commute in 20 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Drivers owned up to some rude behavior themselves: Nearly all said they had talked on a cell phone while driving, and 64 percent acknowledged they occasionally drive too fast.

Young drivers and people with long commutes were found to be the most likely to react to an aggressive or rude driver. The top reactions included honking the horn, cursing or making an obscene gesture.

No distinct differences were found between male and female drivers.

“Human behavior is so involved with crashes at all levels,” said Elly Martin, a spokeswoman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. “(Aggressive driving) is a pattern of behavior drivers exhibit over and over.”

AutoVantage, based in Norwalk, Conn., hopes to use the survey to educate people about how to resist road rage. Among its tips are remaining calm and not making eye contact with an angry driver.

SOURCE

Since I am from NJ, I am offended. Miami, beating out the whole state of NJ for rudest drivers? :wtf:
MeLLyMeL
ANYONE who has been in a car with me.. or been on the phone with me while I drive, will know this is true

:D

haha

FL ftw
kid nyce
a taxi in manhattan?

edit-actually we are rude to the taxi drivers nvm me lol
PaperBag831
thats cause there are so many old people in FL that drive slow! whenever im on the road and i see that ing FL license plate, i think "geez, ill be stuck behind this white oldsmobile forever." so i pass and then give them a dirty look to stay in their own state or to hire a nurse to drive them around.
superglo
I read the topic as "Miami tops nude drivers list" and thought to myself ..damn i'm moving there asap.

then i read the first post and was thoroughly dissapointed.
Azz3D
quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
ANYONE who has been in a car with me.. or been on the phone with me while I drive, will know this is true

:D

haha

FL ftw

talking on the phone while driving is idiotic IMO
LeopoldStotch
quote:
Originally posted by Azz3D
talking on the phone while driving is idiotic IMO

that's why they invented bluetooth for cellphones . :p and yet some people have yet to take advantage of it. :o . however i do see people thinking they are the "hot sh!t" with a bluetooth, and they look like the average run of the mill blue collar worker. just my opinion.
Vlad
I want you people in Miami to drive around in the city for 25 minutes during the morning or evening rush hour. You wanna see rude and bad traffic? Thats where you go.
Boomer187
guess ima have to piss off more people now so we can get on the list.
nfekted
wow if you guys only knew how bad people drive around here. i myself have gotten into shouting matches with a couple people. There are some peopel who shoudln't have licenses here in Miami. And those old people need to stop driving 15 mph. It's not just what people do, it's what they don't do lol.

Trancealot
When I was in FL in March I rented a car for my trip. I was cruzing at 85-90 (perfect weather with minimal cars around)from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando on 95 this one person followed me and then past me probably going 90-100. I thought I drove fast. There is fast and then there is stupid :wtf: . I did not have time to notice bad slow drivers I guess while I was there.

Monday this week there was this one person ohh I wanted to kill. I was going to go around him because there was a two lane into one lane road so I was going to pass him from the right side but then a car pulled out and I was like ! :whip: so i got stuck behind him and the other car got ahead of him. For the next 5-10 min I was stuck behind this MOTHAF'er and after the light changed red I cut him off and stuck my finger out the window. I wished I threw change at his car GOD!! (if you thinking I blew the red light/ it takes the other people 2-3 seconds for thier light to change green) In NYC it changes right away for some reason?
Azz3D
I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I think it's the american way of life
long hours, hardly any vacation time... it screws with your head

i witnessed numerous times people driving like lunatics on their way home from work...
take it easy, mellow out, you're going home for crying out loud. you're not going to the hospital to have a baby!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement