return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

numark cx-1 scratch needles for mixing?
View this Thread in Original format
bpm141
i recently obtained a pair of these.. blue tips. i was wondering if it would be alright to mix(trance) with them fine.. theyre labelled as heavy scratch needles.
s3nate
They most definatly should be able to mix trance.
Spirit5
I had the CS1s, don't have TTs anymore, but I only had them for like 6 months and they were pretty poor compared to the Shure Whitelabels I got. Numark does not make very good cartridges, and the CS1s and the CX1s are pretty much the same cartridge. They also skipped alot...they should work for you right now, but i'de say in the future get something better like the Shure Whitelabels or Ortofon Nightclubs, or even the lower priced Electros...
Events@Spec
I like the Shure cart needles. The whitelabel imo is . It's off center and is very very fragile. You could get a pair of M44's for the price of one whitelabel and wont notice a difference. Except you can drop ur turntable on the ground and the needle will stay in the same groove.

Such bangin ass bass, rich hi's and mids on the m44's

I have the M44-7's and I love them.

Sound Sample(Hip Hop): http://www.packetslut.com/hiphop.mp3 (kudos to DJ Brett B)

And I'll record a trance sample soon.
Spirit5
quote:
Originally posted by Events@Spec
I like the Shure cart needles. The whitelabel imo is . It's off center and is very very fragile. You could get a pair of M44's for the price of one whitelabel and wont notice a difference. Except you can drop ur turntable on the ground and the needle will stay in the same groove.

Such bangin ass bass, rich hi's and mids on the m44's

I have the M44-7's and I love them.

Sound Sample(Hip Hop): http://www.packetslut.com/hiphop.mp3 (kudos to DJ Brett B)

And I'll record a trance sample soon.

Well I owned Whitelabels for almost a year and I had no problems with them. Only had to replace the needles once and it took plenty of abuse. Didn't skip for me either....one I get a turntable again i'll probably use one of them...
Events@Spec
Eh well I guess shure doesn't know how to center their stuff :P

Was looking at the vu meter in audacity and left chan is down a bit.
Events@Spec
quote:
Originally posted by Spirit5
Well I owned Whitelabels for almost a year and I had no problems with them. Only had to replace the needles once and it took plenty of abuse. Didn't skip for me either....one I get a turntable again i'll probably use one of them...

Didn't skip? Try some light scratching.
DJ Intrigue
quote:
Originally posted by Events@Spec
Eh well I guess shure doesn't know how to center their stuff :P

Was looking at the vu meter in audacity and left chan is down a bit.

I've had the same problems with my Whitelabels when I used them. Damn shame too, because they really aren't too terribly ty, but that center balance issue just breaks the deal, IMO. Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway since I got the Ortofon Nightclubs a few months ago which don't have this problem at all.
Events@Spec
Wow, it's actually quite noticable now

M44-7's
http://www.specradio.com/trent.wav (11.6mb)
bpm141
you can try adding a weight ( paper clip ) to the needle. it works for me. you can take out the metal press handles and it looks fine. thanks your your response, the needles sound really good actually, but i need some new stylii.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement